Fall-themed silicone mold
2 cups baking powder
1 cup Citric acid
1 cup cornstarch
½ cup Epsom or sea salt
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
20 drops pumpkin pie fragrance oil
Witch hazel, as needed
Mica mineral powders for coloring the bath bombs in your desired colors
large mixing bowl
small mixing bowl
pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Add the baking powder, citric acid, cornstarch and epsom salt to a bowl, and mix well until all lumps are gone.
- Pour the coconut oil and fragrance oil into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Slowly using a spray bottle, dropper or other tool, add a tad of witch hazel to the mixture at a time, stirring quickly in between. If you add too much witch hazel too quickly, it will cause the mixture to fizz and you will lose the desired effect in your finished bath bombs.
- Continue to add witch hazel to the mixture until it resembles slightly damp sand, and stays clumped together when squeezed in your hand.
- Separate the mixture into different bowls, and add mica mineral color powder to each one. Make as many bowls as you like in as many colors as you desire. Stir to combine the color evenly with the bath bomb mixture.
- If desired, place a bit of pumpkin pie spice into the bottom of some of the fall themed molds for decoration and added scent.
- Layer the different colored mixtures into the molds, stopping to press them down firmly and compact them often. Fill them completely full and set aside for 12-24 hours to dry and set.
- The bath bombs should release easily from the silicone molds when ready.