Savor the irresistible charm of autumn with each slice of this Pumpkin Bundt Cake, a moist, spiced delight crowned with sinfully smooth cream cheese frosting—a surefire crowd-pleaser for any festive gathering!
For the Cake:
1 (15.25 ounce) box spice cake mix ( I used Duncan Hines Perfectly Moist Spice Cake Mix)
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup (½ stick) salted butter, melted
4 large eggs
For the Frosting:
½ cup cream cheese spread
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1–2 tablespoons heavy cream, optional
Chopped pecans, optional garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and have your bundt cake pan ready for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, briskly whisk together the spice cake mix and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, melted butter, and eggs into the spice mixture until you achieve a smooth batter.
- Grease the bundt cake pan thoroughly, making sure to cover all surfaces.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan, tapping the pan gently on your counter to get rid of any air pockets.
- Bake in the oven for 38-43 minutes, checking for doneness with a toothpick.
- Let the cake cool in its pan for 10 minutes, then invert it onto a serving plate.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before you start the frosting process.
- For the frosting, use a mixer to beat together the cream cheese spread and powdered sugar until it forms a thick glaze.
- Blend in the vanilla extract and, if needed, add heavy cream to adjust the frosting’s thickness.
- Drizzle the frosting over the cooled cake, allowing it to gently run down the sides.
- If desired, top with chopped pecans, then slice and serve the cake.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin bundt cake, pumpkin bundt cake recipe, pumpkin bundt cake with cream cheese frosting, pumpkin bundt cake with cake mix