1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 ½ cups cooked rice
1 (8 ounce) can/package your favorite enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add olive oil. When warm, add onion and peppers and cook until soft, about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium, add tomatoes and their juices, and the rinsed beans and continue stirring and cooking until warmed through.
- Stir in cooked rice and enchilada sauce. Sprinkle shredded cheese over top and cover skillet.
- Turn off heat and allow cheese to melt, about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve warm, with sour cream if desired.
Keywords: one skillet meals, beans and rice, one pan meals, rice and beans