You’ll love these pretty, yummy-smelling bath bombs. Follow the tutorial below to make your own homemade bath bombs and then make it a “spa day at home” for yourself!
round bath bombs molds
2 cups baking soda
1 cup Citric acid
1 cup cornstarch
½ cup Epsom salt
⅓ cup liquid coconut oil
20 Drops essential oil of your choosing (we used 20 of Ylang ylang and 20 of Geranium)
Witch hazel as needed
Mica Mineral powders in your choice of Spring colors
large mixing bowl
4 small mixing bowls
Spring/pastel colored or themed sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch and epsom salt. Stir well to combine.
- Stir the liquid coconut oil into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Disperse the essential oil drops over the surface of the mixture, and stir to combine well.
- Slowly add witch hazel as needed in very tiny amounts at a time. Stir in between adding each bit of witch hazel. You want to add just enough so that the mixture clumps together like barely wet sand when squeezed in your hands.
- Separate the mixture into 4 bowls.
- Add a different color of mica mineral powder to each bowl, and stir to combine well, coloring the entire mixture in each bowl.
- Place a bit of sprinkles into the bottom of one side of a round bath bomb mold.
- Alternate colors of the powder mixture into the top and bottom of each mold, packing it in tightly as you go. Slightly overfill each side of the bath bomb molds.
- Once finished filling, press the two ends of the filled bath bomb molds together tightly to secure them closed.
- Let the bath bombs sit overnight to set completely. Remove from the molds and use or store in an airtight container.