Indulge in the crispy and flavorful taste of Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken, a healthier take on traditional fried chicken. This quick and easy recipe takes just 5-10 minutes to prepare and cook. Serve it as a snack or main course and try out various dipping sauces and sides to find your perfect match!
1–2 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
½ cup flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
- In a medium-sized bowl, marinate the chicken in buttermilk and set it aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In another small bowl, add the cornstarch.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and shake off any excess milk.
- Roll the chicken in the cornstarch, dip it in the egg wash, and then coat it well in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Lightly coat the air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F and add the chicken into the basket.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, shaking halfway through, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Serve the Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken immediately, either as a snack or a main course, and enjoy!