Happy to share with you these 20 innovative ways to store your holiday decorations and ornaments!
The time has come: that dreaded moment when happiness goes back into storage. Okay, I may be over dramatizing things, not because I just really love the Christmas holidays, but also because figuring out how and where to store Christmas decor can be a major ordeal! Massive plastic totes are one thing, but did you know there are more ways to get it done? Yes!
1. Mad in Crafts has probably the least expensive option with her ideas to store using a trip to the dollar store! Yes, the dollar store has plenty of options for making storage easy AND inexpensive.
2. So when I came across EP Bot’s post on shrink wrapping an artificial Christmas tree, I was like “but why” – until I saw the photos! Then, I was like, sheesh why haven’t we been doing this? Clean up is easier and it takes up so much less space!
3. When it comes to putting the holidays back in the basement, attic or crawl space, I will tell you: Get rid of the items you don’t want or need. Ask Anna Moseley says the same thing in her un-decorating and de-cluttering post that makes total sense!
4. When it comes to the most likely item to use a curse word, I’d probably say it is detangling lights. Well, A Real Life Housewife has a great tip for storing holiday lights and it won’t cost you a dime (at least if you haven’t taken all your recycling out yet!)
5. Organize Your Stuff now is such a great site! But, their ideas for storing special ornaments (say ones that specific kids have to put up) as well as their wreath organization is definitely useful. They also have ideas for those who rotate themes or colors in their trees!
6. Have you ever opened your ornament box only to find one of your cherished items broken? Organized Island has a solution for that, plus more!
7. Whether you have left overs or buy wrapping paper post-holiday to save on money, you’ll end up needing to store the paper without it wrinkling or becoming ripped or otherwise damaged. Make and Do Crew has a great idea for DIY Vertical Paper Storage.
8. Nikki on Tikkdio has another great idea for light storage that doesn’t require any special materials and it makes it tangle free!
9. Do you have a decorating tool box? Stone Age Blog recommends one in this post and I can say it makes total sense! It won’t cost a whole lot in money, but it will save you aggravation every year!
10. Home Made by Carmona has a great way to really showcase your really cool wrapping paper. We all know that there are some chic ones out there – well for those who don’t have hidden storage, this is a great idea!11. Living Well Mom comes up with some great ideas and one of her latest is for Christmas Ornament Storage. It is inexpensive and will save you some broken ornaments for sure! I’d highly recommend this for sure!
12. Another great post by I Heart Organizing has to be how she uses what we all do (large totes) but makes it so much better by organizing and labeling it in an easy and inexpensive way.
13. Do you ever wonder how you should be caring for your ornaments, especially the sentimental ones? Hellow Glow has some great ideas!
14. Totally The Bomb – this blog has plenty of great ideas, including this list of ways to make organizing and storing ornaments both fun and easy to do.
15. Are you the DIY type? This may be right up your alley for making holiday storage work for you in your own creative, yet simplifying, way.
16. Do you already have some storage that works well for you but you need to figure out some new items? This post will definitely help you get ideas to make your holiday storage run smoothly.
17. I love to see how everyone does something almost all of us do. That is part of why I love this behind the scenes look at Christmas decor storage!
18. Talk about brave! This Organised Housewife has ideas for everything from tinsel (if you buy the good stuff and save it) to Holiday CDs!
19. Camille Styles has a great DIY idea for storing wrapping paper on racks! It may seem like a bit much for the most organized crowd, it is a must do!
20. Finally, Making Lemonade helps discover ways to fight the urge to dump it all, and instead, find peace with your mix of decor and even make some decor storage boxes for practically no money at all! Score!
So, when it comes to ornament and other holiday decor storage, I’ve given you quite a few ideas. But that’s because we all have preferences, a price point, and because storing is one thing, but we don’t all have the same amount of space. I hope that this roundup has helped you discover the best option for you!