If someone were to ask me what company makes really cool and effective electronic learning toys for young learners, the first name that would come to my mind is VTech. I mean, wouldn’t you agree?
We own the VTech CyberPocket which we were provided for review in December of last year and both my 4 1/2 and 3 year old boys love it! They’ve been playing with the CyberPocket since the day we got it. The nice thing about it is, it never gets old. We just change up the game cartridges every time the boys get bored with one game and then, it’s like a new toy again. They’re totally entertained with the CyberPocket! Which is why, when I was asked to do a sneak-peek of the new VTech MobiGo Touch Learning System, I was thrilled.
The new VTech MobiGo Touch Learning System is a true innovation in handheld that offers a slew of fun with its touch-screen technology- making learning more fun and interactive for kids!
Wow. The VTech MobiGo was a sure hit with my boys too! Although Gabriel is only 4 1/2 years old, he’s really above average when it comes to reading and math. I couldn’t keep up with him doing the touch screen answers to the math games and spelling, lol. Within minutes, he was already playing and manipulating the MobiGo like a real pro. My three year old Jaden liked it too, although I would say he’s a bit too young to understand most of the edu-games presented.
Here are a few features of the MobiGo Touch Learning System:
– Touch-screen: MobiGo’s touch-screen technology adds a modern twist to electronic learning games, so kids learn while mimicking the way parents use touch-screen devices.
– Educational games: From fishing, coloring book pages, drawing and playing instruments, kids can discover a wide variety of fun and engaging learning games.
– Learning skills: MobiGo teaches a wide range of skills including math, vocabulary, spelling, logic and categorization. The slide open QWERTY keyboard introduces older kids to text typing skills.
– Portable: Handheld robust gaming console makes learning fun on the go for little hands and is equipped with headphone and AC adapter jacks.
We brought our MobiGo on our last weekend trip where we drove for four hours and it proved to be a great travel companion for my kids. This handheld toy/learning gadget is truly a choc-ful of amusement! 🙂
Overall, I’d rate the new VTech MobiGo Touch Learning System an A+++ for its innovative technology, ease of use, fun features and effectiveness as a tool for learning.
I can’t wait to collect the game cartridges for our VTech MobiGo Touch Learning System when they become available in August. Initially, VTech will introduce 11 game cartridges which will include: Ben 10, Disney Fairies, Dora the Explorer, NASCAR, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story 3, Disney Princesses, Shrek, Disney/Pixar’s Cars, Mr. Men and Little Miss and Super Hero Squad. I was told they will be adding more later on. Most of these characters are already my boys’ favorites so I’m sure they will enjoy their MobiGo for a long time! 🙂
The Vtech MobiGo Touch Learning System will be available exclusively at Toys R’ Us stores and online at www.vtechkids.com for an MSRP of $59.99. The game cartridges will retail for $19.99 each. I highly recommend this toy for young kids ages 4-8 years old.
VTech has graciously offered one (1) VTech MobiGo Touch Learning System to give away to one lucky Hip Mama’s Place reader, valued at $59.99!
To enter the contest, please leave a comment on this post by June 18th, 2010 at 12MN, EST. This is a mandatory first entry. Please leave your email address (if you don’t have a blog). This contest is open to U.S. addresses only. I will choose one (1) winner using Random.org and will be announced as a comment on this post. The winner will also be notified by email and/or through a comment on the winner’s blog (if available).
*IMPORTANT: PLEASE DO NOT CROSS-PROMOTE ANY OTHER GIVEAWAYS HAPPENING ON ANY OTHER BLOG OR WEBSITE. I WILL APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH.
Your comment is your one required entry. To earn extra entries, just do the following:
1. Like or Become a fan of VTech Toys on Facebook and post a comment on their wall and tell them Hip Mama’s Place sent you (3 EXTRA ENTRIES)
2. Like or Become a fan of Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook and post a comment on our wall and tell me why you like visiting Hip Mama’s Place or reply to the latest post on our wall (3 EXTRA ENTRIES)
3. Tweet this event on Twitter however you like, but include this URL page and hash tags at the end of your comment: http://bit.ly/ap6IMq #giveaways #VTechToys #toys #HipMamasPlace (3 EXTRA ENTRIES)
Example: I just entered the V-Tech Cyber Pocket giveaway on Hip Mama’s Place! http://bit.ly/ap6IMq #giveaways #VTechToys #toys #HipMamasPlace
4. Grab the Hip Mama’s Place badge code under the “Grab Our Fabulous Button” and paste it on an HTML page on your blog sidebar. (3 EXTRA ENTRIES)
5. Write a short post about this giveaway on your blog linking to our home page or the URL page address for this post: (5 EXTRA ENTRIES)
6. Follow Hip Mama’s Place on Twitter (2 EXTRA ENTRIES)
7. Join the Hip Mama’s Place Community and EARN 2 EXTRA ENTRIES. You can earn 3 more extra entries by creating a new post or join in on the conversations on the “Forum” section of our mom community. (5 TOTAL EXTRA ENTRIES)
8. Follow me or friend me on Google Friend Connect (link is under “Our Hip Followers” on the left side bar) (2 EXTRA ENTRIES)
Remember, the more entries you have, the greater chances of winning! Please make sure to leave a separate comment for each thing you do for your extra entries (i.e. your name on HMP Community name, Google Friend Connect, blog posts, Facebook name, Twitter name and post links, etcetera). Good luck!
*Hip Mama’s Place Disclosure: “The opinions I am sharing remain my own. I was sent a MobiGo by VTech to facilitate my review and I was allowed to keep it. The giveaway is provided solely by VTech Toys”.
About the Author: Jocelyn Duncan is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter and/or Facebook.