For most people, winter changes everything about how their skin looks and feels. Between the harsh weather outside and the heat inside, I’m definitely among those whose skin takes a beating during winter. So in order to win the battle winter weather wages against my skin (dryness, roughness and flakiness), here are some of the things I do personally. Yes, I’m sharing to you all my own personal winter skincare tips! 🙂
- Because I’m a super busy mother and wife, my hands are subject to intense cleansing agents all day long. So I diligently apply and reapply hand moisturizer every time I wash my hands. And I make sure I keep a hand moisturizer or lotion in my purse, at my home office desk, and in every bathroom in my home.
- I avoid soaking in the bathtub or taking long showers. I know how wonderful a leisurely bath or shower feels, but my dermatologist advised me that too much warm water is bad for skin. So I keep my showers or baths short, especially during the winter.
- After bathing or showering, I apply my favorite body moisturizer as soon as I dry myself. I find that the sooner I get my moisturizer on, the better my skin feels all day long.
Talk about combating dry winter skin, I recently received the New Vaseline Intensive CareTM Advanced Repair Fragrance Free Lotion to try and test for myself. I’m a true sucker for great skin care products and I have tried the regular Vaseline lotion before. But this new, non greasy formula from Vaseline is starting to become a part of my daily skincare regimen!
Here are a few things the New Vaseline Intensive CareTM Advanced Repair Fragrance Free lotion promises to do for your skin (and believe me, it truly delivers!)
- Deeply moisturizes
- Clinically proven to heal very dry skin in 5 days
- Relieves very dry skin from the first application
- Contains specially designed blend of glycerin (to pull moisture into all layer of surface skin – the stratum corneum), and micro-droplets of Vaseline Jelly, plus dimethicone (to lock moisture in)
- Ideal for women with very dry skin
More Winter Skincare Tips:
*Don’t Overheat. When it’s cold outside, there’s nothing like returning to a warm, cozy home. But heating also removes moisture from the indoors, depriving your skin of hydration it needs to function properly. To minimize dry skin in winter, keep the temperature comfortable, but not too hot for too long. Also, use a humidifier to replace lost indoor moisture.
*Wear Sunscreen In Winter. Most people think of sunscreen as “summer only.” But it can protect your skin from damage all year round. Snow reflects the sun’s rays, so it’s possible to get a sunburn even when it’s freezing out. Also, skin-damaging UV radiation can be even more intense at high altitudes, so be sure to protect skin properly during winter activities like skiing, snowboarding or hiking.
*Avoid Wearing Wool and Other Irritating Materials. Dry winter skin is bad enough. But wearing certain kinds of clothing over dry, sensitive skin can actually make you feel more itchy. Avoid less breathable synthetic fabrics like nylon, polyester and rayon. The primary itchy fabric to avoid, however, is wool. Its short, coarse fibers will prick at irritated skin, making it feel even worse. Your best fabric option for itchy skin is cotton. If you really want to wear wool, go with a thinner, less irritating type like merino wool. Or wear a light cotton layer underneath.
To enter this giveaway contest, just follow the Rafflecopter entry link below. This giveaway contest is open to U.S. addresses only and ends on 3/9/15 at 12:00 AM, EST. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Hip Mama’s Place Disclosure: “This is a sponsored post written by me for Vaseline. I received promotional products and the giveaway prize necessary to facilitate my review and giveaway post. As always, all reviews and opinions expressed are 100% my own”