Parents have a lot on their plate these days – between caring for their kids and caring for themselves, it’s understandable that sometimes they want to ditch the cooking, and the inevitable mess, and opt for a night out. But with almost 20% of children suffering from childhood obesity, it can be difficult to discern the good restaurants for family dining. Garden Fresh, parent company of Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes restaurants, has graciously provided us with some great tips for dining out with kids.
1. Children typically have short attention spans, making sitting quietly for hours a pretty unrealistic expectation. Opt for fast casual restaurants where service is quick or spots that offer more than just dining. Buffet style is great because it gives children a chance to get up and stretch their legs and breaks up the meal a little. There’s also typically enough movement in the restaurant that restless kids won’t be a bother. So perhaps opting for fancy cuisines such as those Mayfair restaurants, may not be the best option when looking for a fast and easy meal for the kids.
2. Allergies have become an increasingly common concern among parents of younger children, with the number of children affected having increased 50% since 1997. Whether its gluten, peanuts, or dairy, looking for restaurants that are transparent with their ingredients is the best way to go.
3. Most restaurants now-a-days have healthy options, at least for kids, but getting your child excited about the nutritious items can be tricky. Spots where nutrition is a focal point will have healthy versions of your child’s favorite dishes, as opposed to one healthy option among a sea of fried and fatty dishes. One trick for this is to find a cuisine based around healthier dishes, like an Italian restaurant in Docklands. Researching the menus and the ingredients an establishment uses beforehand can also help make them excited about the dishes ahead.
4. Children are finicky when it comes to food. Many parents don’t want to pay full price for a dish when their child will likely take one bite, then decide they want something else. Again, a buffetstyle restaurant allows kids to sample new dishes, and they might just find another food they like.
5. Eating out with your family should be a fun experience. Choose a restaurant that welcomes conversation and keeps excessive noise to a minimum, allowing families to enjoy each other.
Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes are buffet style restaurants that are dedicated to offering their customers the freshest food, transparent menus and a family environment. The restaurants strive to have their produce in the restaurants within 24 hours of it leaving the ground. The menu is focused on fresh fruits and vegetables so everywhere a child looks there’s a dish they’ll love with nutritional value.
Stock Image by: Dreamstime
One of you will win a $25 Gift Card to Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes! To enter this giveaway contest, just follow the Rafflecopter entry link below. This giveaway contest is open to U.S. 50 states only and ends on 04/08/15 at 12:00 AM, EST. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Hip Mama’s Place Disclosure: “This is a sponsored post for Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes. As always, all reviews and opinions expressed are 100% my own. Giveaway prize fulfillment will be provided by the sponsor for Hip Mama’s Place”.