Discover incredible photos, fascinating facts and amazing information in the new book, That’s Awesome!, presented by Time Home Entertainment Inc. and the editors of TIME For Kids.
As a parent, I like introducing my kids to books that are very informative and educational- at the same time, fun and entertaining! That’s Awesome! brings my kids awesome facts and records incorporating fascinating photos and diagrams in a clear, easy-to-read and understand style.
That’s Awesome! is divided into kid-appealing subject areas, including the most “awesome” aspects of sports, extreme geography, the world of plants and animals, the human body, technology, history, art and the most expensive items in the world –from autos to planes to toys. That’s Awesome! hasn’t forgotten the gross factor that children love, such as the smelliest bug on Earth or titan beetles that can snap a pencil in half. Besides facts-at-a-glance and detailed photo captions, articles from TIME For Kids magazine provide background and the inside scoop on various topics. The lively writing engages and entertains readers as they learn about the world around them.
Look at what’s included in That’s Awesome!
* Awesome Size – Although humans like super-sized French fries and monster TV sets, sometimes small items are just as much fun. Every size has its place in this awesome world. How do you measure up to daunting dinosaurs, the world’s largest Ferris wheel or tallest building, or the smallest gecko?
* Awesome Price Tags – What does it cost to take a roundtrip voyage to the International Space Station? What items are worth their awesome price tags? You decide if the price is right.
* Awesome Sports – Whether you’re a player or a fan, whether you compete with muscle or brain power, there are more awesome sports and competitions today than ever before. From extreme sports to perfect scores, what record will be broken next?
* Awesome Eats – The world is full of awesome eats, including eel soda, saliva soup and insects. What are some of the most unusual dishes to eat?
* Awesome Weather and Other Forces of Nature – Earthquakes, volcanoes and avalanches are only some of the most awesome forces of nature. How do we protect ourselves from unavoidable events and why do they occur?
* Awesome Human Body – The human body is truly an awesome machine made up of many parts that work in extraordinary ways. Discover some surprising facts about what the body can do.
* And much more!
That’s Awesome! was an instant hit with my five year old Gabriel, who loves books, cars, and animals! What’s good too, is that this book will come in handy for later when my boys are in elementary school and they have to find amazing facts and records for homework and such. The book is also hardbound so it will last for many years to come!
WHERE TO BUY: You can pre-order your copy of the book That’s Awesome! on Amazon now for $13.46. It’s scheduled to release on October 5th, 2010.
One of you lucky Hip Mama’s Place reader in the U.S. will win a copy of the book, That’s Awesome! from Time For Kids!
*HOW TO WIN? Read on…
Leave a comment on this post by September 28th, 2010 at 12MN, EST with your email address (if you don’t have a blog). This contest is open to U.S. ADDRESSES ONLY. I will choose one (1) winner using Random.org and will be announced as a comment on this post. The winner will also be notified by email and/or through a comment on the winner’s blog (if a blog is available).
*IMPORTANT: PLEASE DO NOT CROSS-PROMOTE ANY OTHER GIVEAWAYS HAPPENING ON ANY OTHER BLOG OR WEBSITE. I WILL APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH.
*EXTRA ENTRIES for many chances to win!
Your comment is your one required entry. To earn extra entries, just do the following:
1. Tweet this giveaway on Twitter however you like, but include this URL page and hash tags at the end of your comment: http://bit.ly/cFkwda #giveaways #books #kids #TIME (5 EXTRA ENTRIES)
I’m trying to win a That’s Awesome! book giveaway @hipmamasplace! http://bit.ly/cFkwda #giveaways #books #kids #TIME
2. Like or Become a fan of Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook and post a comment on our wall and tell me why you like visiting Hip Mama’s Place or reply to the latest post on our wall (3 EXTRA ENTRIES)
3. Follow me or friend me on Google Friend Connect (link is under “Our Hip Followers” on the left side bar) (3 EXTRA ENTRIES)
4. Follow Hip Mama’s Place on Twitter (2 EXTRA ENTRIES)
5. Join the Hip Mama’s Place Community and EARN 2 EXTRA ENTRIES. You can earn 3 more extra entries by creating a new post or join in on the conversations on the “Forum” section of our mom community. (5 TOTAL EXTRA ENTRIES)
6. Grab one of Hip Mama’s Place’s buttons under the “Grab Our Fabulous Buttons” on the right hand side bar on our main page and paste it on an HTML page on your blog sidebar. (3 EXTRA ENTRIES)
Remember, the more entries you have, the greater chances of winning! Please make sure to leave a separate comment for each thing you do for your extra entries (i.e. your name on HMP Community name, Google Friend Connect, blog posts, Facebook name, Twitter name and post links, etcetera). Good luck!
*Hip Mama’s Place Disclosure: “My reviews and opinions are 100% my own. I received a copy of the book, That’s Awesome! from TIME For Kids to facilitate this review. The giveaway is provided solely by TIME For Kids“.
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents’ Picks 2010 Best Parenting Blogs and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter and/or Facebook.