It’s a known fact that eating a healthy meal before you start your day keeps you satisfied, helps you to stay focused and perform at your best. It also provides you with the energy you need and help you make good eating decisions. This is true for adults and growing children. Numerous studies have shown that kids who skip breakfast do less well at school than those who don’t. Even pediatricians and nutrition experts encourage parents to feed their kids a wholesome breakfast at home or enroll them in a school breakfast program if they can’t.
Personally, I find myself feeling lethargic and less motivated to tackle my day when I don’t eat enough or totally skip breakfast. So no matter how busy I am, I do my best to eat a good breakfast before I start my day.
But as today’s modern family has evolved and consumers’ morning routines and breakfast eating habits have changed, and so has the way we approach breakfast and the types of foods we eat for this important meal of the day.
Recently, belVita has partnered with Registered Dietitian Keri Gans, Life Coach Christine Hassler, and author of Eat It to Beat It David Zinczenko to provide a few tips for a healthy breakfast and a smooth morning routine. We’ll see what they had to say on the changing breakfast landscape. But first….
Did You Know…
- Recommended amount of fiber for women is 30g, and 35g fiber for men.
- A study by NPD Group Inc. found that Americans have an average of just 12 minutes a day for consuming breakfast. That is about half the time we spend on lunch (28 minutes) or dinner (24 minutes).
- Eating breakfast sets the tone for the day because it gets our blood sugar up which makes our brain function better the rest of the day. It gets our metabolism going. It reduces cravings later in the day. And it puts us in a better mood.
- Dietary fiber from whole grains, as part of an overall healthy diet, helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease.
Here are the tips from the influencers:
- Said Keri Gans, Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, “A serving of belVita (which has @20g of whole grains/serving and 4g fiber per pack), with a low-fat Greek yogurt and a serving of fruit, can be the perfect grab and go complete breakfast.”
- Said David Zinczenko, New York Times best-selling author of Eat It to Beat It! and the Nutrition and Wellness Editor at ABC News, “Being that people today have no time to cook, they are looking for options with nutrition’s latest buzzwords – protein and fiber. belVita paired with a serving of non-fat yogurt and fruit hits on protein, fiber AND whole grains.”
- Said Christine Hassler, life coach and author, “Doing something 40 days in a row moves it from a change to a habit. Making a complete breakfast a habit starts today.”
I know that when we think of a quick breakfast, we think cereal. But since my family and I have tried the delicious, nutritious belVita Bites, we are convinced that they are a great substitute (if not, a better one!) for morning cereals! So on National Cereal Day (March 7), try trading in your spoon and opt for belVita instead! They have become one of our convenient breakfast options on those hurried mornings! Each 50g serving (one pouch) provides 230 calories, 4g of fiber, 20g of whole grain which gives you four hours of nutritious steady energy, and is individually wrapped for on the go convenience. Comes in two delicious flavors Chocolate and Mixed Berry. Try them if you haven’t yet! You can find them in your cookie/cracker aisle at your nearest grocery store/food retailer.
For more information about belVita food products, visit their page online at: www.BelvitaBreakfast.com