- 3 cups fresh sweet corn kernels (4 medium Sunshine Sweet ears)
- 3 cups cooked and cooled quinoa*
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced red and green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 8 ounces cooked salad shrimp, or 2 cups cooked chicken, smoked turkey, or ham cut into 1/2 inch cubes (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large bowl, toss corn, quinoa, beans, peppers, onion, scallions, and shrimp (if using).
- To make the vinaigrette, in a sealable container, combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper; shake until the mixture thickens, about 60 seconds.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the quinoa mixture and toss to combine.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the cilantro.
- Garnish with halved cherry tomatoes, or serve on a bed of greens, if desired.
*Prepare with 1 cup uncooked quinoa, according to package directions.