This post was sponsored by Potomac Mills. All views and text are mine.
We’re still in the middle of summer and I’m in the mood for fresh summer outfits for myself and for my family. Although I want to spend the money when shopping, I do like sticking to a budget.
So it’s great that we have Potomac Mills to help make our shopping for summer outfits easier and more affordable. I love this mall because it’s got everything I need for my whole family when it comes to shopping for clothing, shoes and accessories – in just one stop!
Featuring over 200 stores, including Bloomingdale’s- The Outlet Store, Neiman Marcus Last Call, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, Nordstrom Rack, Kate Spade New York, The North Face, and Nike Factory Store, Potomac Mills is the ultimate shopping destination in Northern Virginia. I highly recommend shopping at this mall, especially if you’re on a budget. You can get the looks for less for your whole family and for your home and the selection of goods are awesome!
The last time I went shopping at Potomac Mills, I bought summer outfits for my two tween boys at three of my favorite stores: the GAP, Nordstrom Rack and Neiman Marcus Last Call and I didn’t have to spend too much. I love that I can shop at this mall and stay within my budget because the prices are unbeatable! They offer everyday savings of 25 to 65 percent off!
And since we are in the subject of shopping and that I know we can all relate to the struggle of overspending while shopping at the mall, I thought I’d put together some of my own tips and tricks to help avoid unnecessary spending. Read on…
5 TIPS AND TRICKS TO AVOID UNNECESSARY SPENDING
1. Know what kind of outfit you want to shop for. If you have the outfit in mind before you go shopping (for example, a midi dress with sneakers and cute sunglasses), and then search for those specific products, you’ll likely to not get distracted by other affordable items you see that you don’t necessarily need.
2. Don’t go shopping while in a hurry or at the last minute. Block out a specific time in your schedule to do some shopping. Make your first trip a “get an idea of what’s available right now and at what price” then take good notes. Once back at home, organize your shopping list for the actual buying adventure.
3. Don’t go shopping without a list. Having a list and sticking to it before hitting the store can help avoid making impulse purchases.
4. Don’t pay full retail prices on clothes. If you like buying clothing or shoes brand new, you don’t have to pay full retail prices. While shopping at the mall, find the items you really want and keep an eye on them. Eventually, they’ll be discounted or the store will have a sale so that you can buy those items at a better price. For myself personally, this waiting game trick helps me weed out things I don’t actually love enough to buy. In other words, this gives me time to think about whether or not I really want the item while I wait for a discount.
5.Take advantage of great sale events like the upcoming Tax Free Weekend when you can shop tax-free and save more money.
Potomac Mills will be having their Tax Free Weekend on August 4-6 when you can shop tax free and enjoy extra special savings on top of already reduced prices! This is the perfect time to do your back to school shopping or to update your Fall wardrobe from your favorite brands – all up to 70% off!
During this sales tax holiday period, qualifying items will be exempt from sales tax including school supplies, clothing, and footwear:
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item
So if you live near Washington D.C. and have never been to the Potomac Mills, I recommend visiting and shopping here already! You’ll be amazed at what you’ll find!