Spring has sprung and I’m excited that my family and I were invited to go visit Kings Dominion again this year to check out their fun entertainment offerings for Spring! What a way to welcome the return of warmer weather! 🙂
This year is Kings Dominion’s third annual Spring Bloom Festival and it will be offered on Saturdays and Sundays, from April 16 through May 15. I vividly remember our visit last year and we all had a blast!
The Spring Bloom Festival at Kings Dominion promises a whole lot of fun for everyone again this year!
Underneath the Eiffel Tower, four countries will meet for a culinary showcase featuring internationally inspired cuisine using fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
Spring Bloom not only features delicious dishes, but also live entertainment, a free family-friendly concert and hands-on children’s activities. Spring Bloom is a month long celebration that spells fun for the whole family with these special events:
• Internationally Inspired Cuisine – Join us under the Eiffel tower to sample flavors from Ireland, Switzerland, Germany and Italy. Chef Paul Maloney will be using only the freshest local ingredients to put his own personal spin on these delicious international foods.
• Local Drink Pairings – While enjoying tasty food, sip on a cold beer or a glass of wine! Chef Paul has teamed up with local breweries and wineries to offer the perfect pairings for his dishes. Enjoy a beer or wine from local favorites like Legend, Hardywood, James River Cellars and more!
• Beautiful Atmosphere – Thousands of spring flowers are planted by our very own landscaping department, transforming International Street into a kaleidoscope of colors.
• Sabrina Carpenter – Los Angeles-based multitalented singer/songwriter Sabrina Carpenter will perform hits from her debut album “Eyes Wide Open.” The concert is free with park admission. Seating is limited and available on a first come, first served basis. Sabrina Carpenter will perform at the Kingswood Amphitheater on Saturday, May 14 at 6 p.m.
• Kid’s Activities – Bring the family to Planet Snoopy for fun arts and crafts! Try your hand at woodworking at the Lowes Build & Grow Workshop, or get creative with some flower pot decorating.
• Live Entertainment – The Bandstand on International Street will become the Spring Bloom Stage, where we will feature live local entertainment throughout Spring Bloom!
There is definitely something for everyone at Kings Dominion’s Annual Spring Bloom Festival! Get your Kings Dominion 2016 Season Passes – they are on sale now!
I can’t wait to share toy you all about our visit. My family and I are visiting the park this Saturday (for the Spring Bloom Festival opening day), April 16th, so we are so excited! I will sure to share with you all about our trip, so stay tuned! Happy Spring! 🙂
Kings Dominion is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FUN.” In addition to Kings Dominion, Cedar Fair also owns and operates ten other amusement parks, four water parks, one indoor water park, and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Theme Park in California under a management contract.