“Chivalry is not dead”. First off, what is “chivalry”? I found a really straightforward definition from WiseGEEK and I like the way they defined it:
Chivalry in its modern sense tends to apply to the courtesies a man might pay to a lady. These include standing until a woman sits, offering a woman a seat on a bus, or opening a door for a woman. These actions are the remains of the once great code for knightly behavior espoused during the Middle Ages.
I am happy to say, I’m with a truly “modern renaissance” man who proves to me everyday that “chivalry is not dead”. From opening car doors for me to making me order my food from the menu first when we go out to eat at restaurants. On Valentine’s Day morning, he greeted me with a soft kiss and took me to a romantic dinner that night.
If you’ve seen the Dockers commercial on Super Bowl 2010, it showed men stepping up without their pants (although the commercial was about pants) and conveyed a message towards the end about men “wearing the pants”.
Oh, and how appropriate! I was asked by Dockers to host a giveaway for FIVE (5) pairs of Dockers Khaki pants for 5 lucky men who can prove that men ARE wearing the pants and that #chivalryisnotdead.
If your man showed you any act of Valentine’s Day Chivalry (everything from bringing you a bunch of flowers, a sweet box of chocolates to a surprise weekend get-away or anything similar), comment up on this post by noon EST on Friday, February 19th, 2010 and you will be eligible to win a pair of Dockers Khakis in the color of your choice- classic khaki or cool red! I will choose FIVE (5) WINNERS in the US and Canada using Random.org and will announce as a comment on this post.
*EXTRA ENTRIES FOR MORE CHANCES OF WINNING!
Your comment is your one entry. To earn extra entries, just do the following: (You may leave extra comments for your extra entries if you wish)
1. Grab the Hip Mama’s Place badge code under the “Grab Our Fabulous Button” and paste it on an HTML page on your blog sidebar. (2 EXTRA ENTRIES)
2. Tweet about how your man showed acts of chivalry (however you want to write it) on your own Twitter account and include the hashtag #chivalryisnotdead and @hipmamasplace (2 EXTRA ENTRIES)
Example of a Twitter post:
Dan brought me beautiful flowers on Valentine’s Day
3. Mention this giveaway on your Facebook with a direct link to the giveaway URL address: (1 EXTRA ENTRY)
4. Write a short post about this giveaway on your blog linking to our home page or the URL page address on #3 (2 EXTRA ENTRIES)
5. Follow Hip Mama’s Place on Twitter (1 EXTRA ENTRY)
6. Become a Fan of Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook (1 EXTRA ENTRY)
You will have TEN (10) total entries when you do the above-mentioned extra entries besides your comment. The more entries you have, the greater chances of winning! Good luck!
*Special thanks to WiseGEEK for the awesome definition on “chivalry”
Hip Mama’s Place Disclosure: “The opinions I’m sharing remain my own. No compensation was received for this post except for the 5 pairs of Dockers Khakis as giveaways to the readers of Hip Mama’s Place”.