Come enter the National Geographic Kids Books Holiday Prize Pack Giveaway Worth $152!
The holidays are right around the corner and although we still have pumpkins on the front porch, it’s time to think about what will go under the tree, in the stocking and and don’t forget – gifts for the teachers!
Books truly make the best gifts. So I’m so thrilled to have partnered with National Geographic to bring you this awesome kids books holiday prize pack giveaway featuring EIGHT new titles that are perfect gifts for the explorer in all of us! Your kiddos will love these big, beautiful and gift-worthy books. Bookworms and reluctant readers alike will find these books fun, visually stunning and totally engrossing. I love that they’re totally educational too!
Here’s a brief description of each book title:
* To the Moon and Back: My Apollo 11 Adventure A Pop-Up Book by Buzz Aldrin with Marianne J. Dyson (ages 8-12, hardcover, $32.00) — In celebration of the Apollo 11 Mission’s 50th Anniversary and punctuated by intricate pop ups and paper folds, in To The Moon and Back Buzz Aldrin shares his personal stories and reflects upon what historians call “humanity’s greatest adventure.” Never-before-published anecdotes from Aldrin and his family run the range of emotions — funny, sad, dangerous, hair raising, heartwarming and inspiring — and provide a truly unique, behind-the-scenes look at the mission to the moon. Additionally, vivid photos, clearly marked diagrams and elaborate pop ups illustrate and explain the fascinating science behind this incredible story of human achievement and a build-your-own Apollo 11 lunar module is also included. See the Book Trailer HERE.
* Explorer Academy: The Nebula Secret by Trudi Trueit — NEW FICTION SERIES! — ($16.99, hardcover, ages 8-12) Adventure, danger, and a thrilling global mission await 12-year-old Cruz Coronado as he joins an elite school for explorers. Cruz leaves his tranquil home in Hawaii to join 23 talented kids from around the globe to train at the Explorer Academy with the world’s leading scientists to become the next generation of great explorers. But for Cruz, there’s more at stake. No sooner has he arrived at the Academy than he discovers that his family has a mysterious past with the organization that could jeopardize his future. In the midst of codebreaking and cool classes, new friends and augmented reality expeditions, Cruz must tackle the biggest question of all: Who is out to get him, and why? Readers can get in on the excitement with puzzles and codes embedded throughout and book two in this seven book series, The Falcon’s Feather, comes out this March! Learn more @ ExplorerAcademy.com. See the Book Trailer HERE, and win a once-in-a lifetime trip through the Explorer Academy Alaskan Cruise Sweepstakes!
* Ultimate Secrets Revealed: A Closer Look at the Weirdest, Wildest Facts on Earth (ages 8-12, hardcover, $19.99) — Did you know that caterpillars liquefy when they turn into butterflies? That humans shed eight pounds of skin every year? That there’s a funky forest in Poland where all the trees are mysteriously crooked? That space smells like burnt plastic? Our world is filled with strange, bizarre, and weird realities. But what do they mean? WHY are they important? And what exactly is the secret behind them? With Q&As with in-the-field experts, fantastic infographics and exciting stories, this book takes readers behind the scenes of the truly bizarre, to reveal the truth behind our planet’s wildest and wackiest. Meet the mind-boggling bacteria that make Yellowstone National Park’s Morning Glory Pool pop with radiant color, discover the mysteries behind the Sphinx of ancient Egypt, learn how tornadoes are so powerful, and so much more!
* Ultimate Predatorpedia: The Most Complete Predator Reference Ever (ages 7-10, hardcover, $24.99) – Welcome to the amazing world of creatures who prey on others for their survival: from high-profile sharks, lions, tigers, and bears to the tiniest ants, mites, and spiders. Every animal in this book is ferocious, fierce, and fantastic in its own way! With colorful photographs and fun facts, this easy-to-use encyclopedia features profiles accompanied by Did You Know details, and fast facts (including scientific name, size, diet, and habitat), as well as thematic spreads covering topics from predatory techniques to defenses and communication, and much more. Fans of Ultimate Dinopedia, Ultimate Bugopedia, and Ultimate Reptileopedia in the same series, will want to find a place for Ultimate Predatorpedia on their bookshelves.
* National Geographic Kids Why Not?: Over 1,111 Answers to Everything (ages 8-12, hardcover, $19.99) – The concept is simple. Got a question? Boy, do we have answers! Over 1,111 of them. Why don’t you keep growing your whole life? Check out the human body section. Why aren’t we traveling by jetpack yet? Tech has your answer. Why aren’t school buses red? Flip to the pop culture chapter. Why aren’t dinosaurs still alive? Why can’t you walk on clouds? It’s all there! With hundreds of topics ranging from silly to serious, we’ve got the expert information in a fun Q&A format that will keep kids digging for answers. Answers include all kinds of fascinating extra info like top 10 lists, weird-but-true facts, explorer profiles, and cool activities. Now, go stump your parents!
* Dog Science Unleashed: Fun Activities to Do With Your Canine Companion (ages 8-12, paperback, $12.99) Dog Science Unleashed shows kids how they can learn about science with the most faithful lab partner they’ll ever have, their dog! Twenty-two safe and pup-friendly activities let young scientists discover how their canine companions think, move, drink, stay warm, get clean and cool off. From determining your dog’s favorite smell, to figuring out if your dog is a righty or a lefty, to making a stethoscope to listen to your hound’s heart, Dog Science Unleashed explores the science behind dogs’ senses, how they move, how they learn and much more. Each activity is paired with step-by-step instructions, clear and interesting scientific explanations, and photographs that illustrate important elements of the experiments and observations. Hands-on activities and fun information for budding scientists prompt further learning and offer a look at current, groundbreaking canine research. Dog Science Unleashed is a Hands-on Science Book finalist for the AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize for Excellence in Science.
* Just Joking Jumbo 2 (ages 7-10, paperback, $14.99) – GREAT STOCKING STUFFER! – Kids will laugh their tail off with a jumbo-size, jam-packed joke book featuring 1,000 jokes and 1,000 photos. With silly facts that are strangely true, laughable lists, conversation jokes, and long-story jokes with hilarious endings, this full-color, supersize book include funny stuff about pets, technology, spooky sensations, adventures, around-the-world wonders, animals, myths and legends, dinosaurs, music, and treasure hunting. It’s the perfect combination of laughing, learning, and maybe jump-starting a career in comedy!
* Fly With Me: A Celebration of Birds Through Pictures, Poems and Stories (ages 4-8, $24.99) is a family affair, created by the iconic Jane Yolen and her three adult children, Heidi, Adam and Jason Stemple. This thoughtful and beautifully curated collection of our flying, feathery friends highlights the role birds play in human life from centuries ago to present day. While it’s beautiful and contains many original poems, it’s also full of valuable real science about these wondrous creatures. From history and behavior to spotting and photographing, there’s something for every bird fan in the flock. Young birders will learn all about migration and the importance of habitat conservation. They’ll find stories about bird rescues and fun facts about the fastest, strongest, and tiniest fliers. They’ll also discover the best bird nests, sweet songs to sing, ways to listen for and identify the birds around them, and more. Written by Jane and her children to honor the late David Stemple, a loving husband and father and avid birder, this treasury is sure to become a classic for bird enthusiasts of all ages. Additionally, the release of Fly with Me is timed to Nat Geo’s celebration of the Year of the Bird, their 2018 initiative to bring awareness to the plight of birds around the world. A THOUGHTFUL GIFT FOR YOUR CHILD’S FAVORITE TEACHER.
Early praise for Fly With Me:
“Yolen and her three children celebrate birds with a lavishly illustrated compendium of facts, photographs, and poetry…As is characteristic of National Geographic publications, the plentiful photographs are well-chosen and beautifully reproduced. A treasure for browsers and bird lovers everywhere.” — Kirkus Starred Review
“With text that never talks down to its audience, this makes an ideal choice for family sharing or classroom browsing.” — Booklist
One of you, lucky Hip Mama’s Place readers, will win a National Geographic Kids Holiday Prize Pack that includes all EIGHT title listed above (ARV $152). Contest is open to U.S. addresses only and will end on 11/27/2018 at 11:59PM, Eastern Standard Time. Enter the contest through the Rafflecopter widget below.
*PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU ENTER!
If you unfollow any pages owned by Hip Mama’s Place that earned you the entries for this giveaway (after the giveaway ends), you will not be eligible to enter any future giveaways on Hip Mama’s Place. I will be running giveaway/s at least once a month so make sure to turn on your notifications. Each giveaway usually runs for 14 days and my team and I monitor each IP address/email address and names of entrants in every giveaway. To enter the giveaway, just click on the above Rafflecopter form and complete the many different tasks to double and triple your chances of winning! You must be 18+ years of age and reside in the US to win. This giveaway is VOID where prohibited. The winner will be notified within 24hrs of the giveaway closing and he or she will have 48hrs to respond, or a new winner will be selected.
Thanks so much for following and best of luck ? everyone!!!
And if you’re feeling lucky, tons of other blogs are currently hosting their own giveaways too during the Stocking Stuffer Giveaway Hop which starts today, November 13 through November 27, 2018 and hosted by The Kids Did It and The Mommy Island! Check them out by clicking through each blog list below. Good luck and go win something! 🙂
Just Joking, Ultimate Secrets Revealed, and Dog Science Unleashed. The ones I picked I know my nieces would be interested in because they like telling jokes and they would use ones from the book, Ultimate Secrets Revealed they like to learn the truth about things we don’t know about, and Dog Science Unleashed so they can read about fun activities to do with their dog.
My top 3 favorites are 1.To The Moon And Back. 2.Ultimate Secrets Revealed. 3.Why Not. I chose these as my children just love to learn new facts about everything. My son is fascinated with astronauts and would love learning about Buzz Aldrin as he would like to be an astronaut someday.
my son would love Why not because of the dinosaur on the cover, my kids would also love just joking and ultimate secrets revealed mostly because of the shark on the cover . they love books like these with great pictures and facts and jokes.
To the Moon and Back, Ultimate Secrets Revealed, and why not are the three I think my grandson would really enjoy because he loves anything about the moon and Earth and loves to learn about new things. He is fascinated with how and why books!
My grandson would love all of these books. Our favorites are Why Not!, Dog Science Unleashed, and Just Joking.
My son would like Why Not, Just Joking, and Animal Secrets. He is such an animal lover. He would treasure these books!
My granddaughters will like the Dog Science book and the Fly With Me bird book. They like anything to do with animals.
I think my granddaughter would enjoy… To the Moon and Back, Dog Science Unleashed and Just Joking. She loves everything about science and space — dogs too.
To the moon and back, just joking and why not?.
My boys love to learn interesting facts.
My kids are extremely inquisitive! So while all of them would definitely be a big hit the Explorer Academy: The Nebula Secret would be ALL of our favorites, we are incredibly in to all things space. My daughter loves aquatic life and sea exploration so Ultimate Secrets Revealed: A Closer Look at the Weirdest, Wildest Facts on Earth would match perfectly with her thirst for knowledge and love of all things living. My son would absolutely love the Dog Science Unleashed: Fun Activities to Do With Your Canine Companion because he is OBSESSED with puppies, although the space pop up book might be tied for first for him!!
To the Moon and Back: My Apollo 11 Adventure A Pop-Up Book Just Joking Jumbo 2 and Dog Science Unleashed: Fun Activities to Do With Your Canine Companion woiuld be our favorites. One is into astronauts, one is into telling corny jokes and one is in the 4-h dog program~
My Granddaughter would love the Explorer Academy: The Nebula Secret by Trudi Trueit, she loves learning about how things work. She would love Dog Science Unleashed: Fun Activities to Do With Your Canine Companion, she is always calling on her German Shepard to help her with projects and this book would be perfect since her dog loves her using him in experiments. Lastly the Nat. Geo Just Joking Jumbo 2 would really help her get her jokes straight. She is always telling us jokes and loves learning new ones! We are so proud of her searching out information on her own away from school just because she loves learning about things she doesn’t understand.
My top one is Fly With Me because it looks beautiful and I like how it combined poems and stories with photographs. Just Joking, and Why not? would be favorites of my grandchildren because they really like these kind of books. These are excellent material for reading and learning.
My top 3 fave books from the giveaway are the just joking book because my son is obsessed with silly jokes and will tell them to anyone who will listen.The why not 1,111 answers to everything book because my daughter is in the stage of needing to know everything about everything and would dive in to this book.I love the to the moon and back book because I love space and who doesn’t love a good pop up book? What a great bunch of books! This will definitely make some kiddos Christmas.
I think my kids will love the Fly With Me book because the photos are so beautiful. As well as the Just Joking 2 book because who doesn’t love a good joke. They will also appreciate the To The Moon and Back because it has the cool pop ups
They would love reading them because it’s for kids and they will understand and learn. I think they would like to read Just Joking Jumbo 2, Dog Science Unleashed: Fun Activities to Do With Your Canine Companion, and Ultimate Secrets Revealed: A Closer Look at the Weirdest, Wildest Facts on Earth, and of course the other ones.
To The Moon and Back, Ultimate Secrets Revealed and Why Not are the favorites. My son loves reading these kinds of books and finding out so much interesting information!
I would actually love to win these for my classroom. I am an elementary school special education teacher, and my students love high interest non fiction books with great pictures like these. I think they would most like the one about Buzz Aldrin, the book about predators, and the weird facts.
I asked my 8yr old and she said her favorite 3 are Ultimate Secrets Revealed, Just Joking 2, and To the Moon and back. She requested I get them for her 9th Birthday (it is in 2 weeks) Apparently she will know everything with the Ultimate Secrets book lol She has the first Just Joking book and has read it several times. If I don’t win I plan to order all 3 so thank you for posting this. I know she picked the moon one for her and daddy to look at together. He is into space and they bond over it 🙂
Ultimate Secrets Revealed: A Closer Look at the Weirdest, Wildest Facts on Earth, To the Moon and Back: My Apollo 11 Adventure A Pop-Up Book and Explorer Academy: The Nebula Secret. I have a few little kids that love science. They are also big fans of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, so anything odd works for them.
Why Not, Dog Science and Complete Predator look awesome!
These are all amazing book. my kids would enjoy reading them. They are crazy for animals. They would love see those funny animal faces. Any of these book makes them happy and entertained.
I like just joking, why not, and unleashed! My cousin loves picture books so this would be for her.
The top 3 books mentioned above that I think my son would love are Ultimate Secrets Revealed: A Closer Look at the Weirdest, Wildest Facts on Earth, National Geographic Kids Why Not?: Over 1,111 Answers to Everything and Just Joking Jumbo 2. I think he would love them because he loves all the wacky weird facts and he loves to tell jokes.
My 3 favs would be the Why Not?, Just Joking, and Dog Science. My grandsons are 6 and 8 years old. The eight year old is always telling jokes and riddles so he would totally be into Just Joking, plus he is very smart and inquisitive so the Why Not would be perfect for him. The six year old loves animals and has his own dog so I can just imagine the fun he would have with the Dog Science.
The top three picks for me are Dog Science Unleashed, Ultimate Secrets Revealed and Why Not. I know my niece and nephew and my grandmother would enjoy the complete set of eight.
Just Joking Jumbo 2, Kids Why Not? Over 1,111 Answers to Everything, and Ultimate Secrets Revealed are my favorite from the list! My son would love all these books because he loves to learn and is constantly asking me questions about the world around us.
This would be a great Christmas for my 9 year old.
My son LOVE’S anything and everything National Geographic! And he LOVE’S to read! This would make an AMAZING Christmas presents! I think my son would LOVE Buzz Aldrin to the moon and back, Ultimate Secrets Revealed, and Ultimate Predatorpedia the most complete predator.
I like National Geographic Kids Why Not, Dog Science Unleashed and Just Joking Jumbo 2
My kids would love all of these books , but my 11 year old would love the joke book best I think. My 8 year old would like the why not and the dog science book best . What a great giveaway we love books for Christmas!
I think the To The Moon and Back, Dog Science: Unleashed, & the Fly With Me: A Celebration of Birds Through Pictures, Poems and Stories books would be my favorites.
I like National Geographic Kids Why Not?: Over 1,111 Answers to Everything, Dog Science Unleashed: Fun Activities to Do With Your Canine Companion and Ultimate Predatorpedia: The Most Complete Predator Reference Ever,. I think my daughter would enjoy these because she loves to learn interesting facts about animals and history.
My kids would like Why Not? because they are very curious and have lots of questions. They’d also like Just Joking because they love telling jokes. And Dog Science because they love dogs.
“Leave a comment telling me your top 3 favorite National Geographic kids books from the list, and why your kids will love them.” “Just Joking Jumbo 2” will be great because it will be hilarious and the cat on the cover looks so funny! “Dog Science Unleashed” will explain all things canine! And “Why Not?” will explain many questions we have–and more!
What a great giveaway! This would be perfect for Christmas gift for my kids or my nieces.
My son is almost 9 years old. If I won, I would give this to him for his birthday. The three titles he would enjoy the most are
1. To The Moon and Back – his 3rd grade class just finished a unit about the moon, and he was fascinated. Every night we would go outside and take note of the moon. It’s become one of his favorite subjects.
2. Ultimate Secrets Revealed – he’s constantly telling me weird and fun facts that he’s learned, hoping that I don’t already know the facts…..this would give him lots of ammunition to outsmart me!
3. Just Joking – one of our favorite things to do together is tell jokes. We both could use some new material!