Grace is a big-ideas girl who has baking as a business on her mind.
About American Girl: Grace Thomas
Meet Grace Thomas, a beautiful 18″ doll with sparkling blue eyes that open and close, a sprinkling of freckles on her nose, and long dark-brown hair with sideswept bangs and a tiny accent braid. She has a huggable cloth body, and her movable head and limbs are made of smooth vinyl.
Launched January 1st, 2014, American Girl’s new Grace Thomas doll will only be here for a year. She comes with the Grace paperback book, plus her Paris welcome outfit:
- A white top with a sparkly Paris graphic
- A pink skirt with a black bow on the front
- A charm bracelet that Mom gave her
- Gray ankle boots with gathered straps and bows on the sides
- Pink underwear
Grace Thomas is an enthusiastic nine year old girl who loves to bake with friends and invent new recipes. Then a trip to Paris inspires her to try new things—including turning her passion for baking into a business. You can find out more about Grace Thomas’ story through two new book-series Grace and Grace Stirs It Up, both written by Mary Casanova.
For Goodness, Bake!
American Girl invites you to make—and bake—a difference like the Girl of the Year, Grace Thomas.
Do you know that in the United States, 1 in 5 children struggles with hunger? With this in mind, American Girl launched For Goodness, Bake!, a year-long fund-raising initiative in support of No Kid Hungry. To further Grace’s message that working together is the best recipe for success, American Girl is encouraging girls to host charity bake sales in their local communities and donate proceeds to No Kid Hungry. To kick off the initiative American Girl has donated $50,000 to No Kid Hungry. For every $1 a girl raises, No Kid Hungry can connect a hungry child with 10 additional meals. What a meaningful way to use your passion for baking to make a difference for #NoKidHungry this year!
So ask an adult you trust (like a parent or teacher) to help you sign up for For Goodness, Bake! to help hungry children in the United States, to register for the Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry, and be entered into the For Goodness, Bake! sweepstakes and win one of 41 Grace prizes!
Where to Buy: The Grace doll and book set retails for $120 at AmericanGirl.com and can be purchased from the American Girl catalogue, as well as American Girl retail stores and specialty boutiques nationwide.
More on Grace Thomas:
Throughout the year, American Girl will offer these other Grace–related initiatives which include the following:
- In the Mix with Grace Online Journal: Throughout the year, American Girl fans will get to know Grace through her weekly “In the Mix” online travel and baking journal, located on americangirl.com/girloftheyear. The journal will feature a variety of content, including written posts, videos, recipes, photos, polls, guest writers, and user-generated content to connect girls with Grace’s world.
- Sur La Table Cooking Classes: Starting in March 2015, girls can join American Girl and Sur La Table for Grace-themed French baking classes. The two-hour classes, offered at more than 50 Sur La Table locations nationwide, will give girls hands-on instruction on how to make French pastries. To learn more about the classes, please visit americangirl.com/stores.
- Grace Retail Events: On January 1, girls can celebrate Grace’s debut at American Girl retail stores with the reveal of her product collection, plus in-store baking demonstrations, free craft activities, giveaways, and a photo opportunity. Girls can also take part in free and paid Grace-related events throughout the year. For more details on the in-store events, visit americangirl.com/stores.
- Grace Paid App and Online Play: Girls can unlock the secrets to making French pastries with Grace’s exclusive paid app, Grace Sweet Shop. To learn more, search “American Girl” at the Apple App Store. Girls can also visit americangirl.com/girloftheyear for Grace book excerpts, movie-related content, games, e-cards, and much more.
To bring Grace’s story to life, a full-length movie will debut on DVD from Universal Studios Home Entertainment in summer 2015.
To learn more about Grace and the Girl of the Year™ line, go to americangirl.com, or find them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and American Girl’s Instagram page. You can also request a free American Girl catalogue by calling 1-800-845-0005.
Don’t miss out on the latest fab deals, cool freebies, fun giveaways, delicious recipes, DIY inspirations and more! Subscribe to the Hip Mama’s Place email newsletter, Hip Mama’s Place feed reader, or simply “Like” Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook and/or follow Hip Mama’s Place on Twitter!
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents 2011 Best All-Around Mom Blog and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.