Making and preparing family-friendly meals on weeknights can be a challenge, especially after a long day. Would it be great if there’s a way that we can make weeknight cooking a pleasure, rather than a chore?
How about watching recipe demo videos to add a bit of dinner-tainment to the evening?
Making Life Better has created recipe demo videos, featuring Jennifer Bushman, the Kitchen Coach, which offer recipe demonstrations and tips that you can watch anytime – even while cooking in your own kitchen! They offer quick and delicious recipes using high quality yet affordable and convenient foods, then mix in some fun with fun recipes and create family theme nights.
* Spend less time in the kitchen, and more time with your family with this easy as “pie” classic: Upside-Down Chicken Pot Pie. With a few simple ingredients, such as frozen veggies, refrigerated biscuits and Knorr Sides. (Check out Jennifer Bushman’s Game Night Meal Ideas with the Kitchen Coach video for a step-by-step demonstration of this meal that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters!)
* Set up the couch and chairs in your family living room to create a “home theatre” and enjoy pizza meat loaf, while watching your favorite family flicks. For a new twist on a comfort food favorite. Prepare a perfectly-seasoned Pizza Meat Loaf in no time with go-to ingredients like Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix and Ragú Pasta Sauce.
* Spread a blanket in the living room and treat the family to an at-home dinner picnic. Prepare simple sandwiches like delicious Avocado Tuna Melts. Try using Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise, which has the great taste, but half the calories and fat of Hellmann’s Real mayonnaise. Or, when you’re on-the-run, spread out the sandwich fixins’ so the family can make their own grab ‘n’ go dinner.
* For a quick and fun twist on dinner, create a baked potato bar stocked with savory toppings. Feature spud toppers, such as shredded cheddar cheese and steamed broccoli, for delicious, added flavor. Add Shedd’s Spread Country Crock Calcium plus Vitamin D for added nutritional benefits for growing kids. For a no fuss lunch, use the leftover toppings as the base for a grab ‘n’ go wrap the next day.
* For a sweet meal ending, prepare a delicious dessert like a Bananas Foster Sundae, made with Breyers All Natural Vanilla ice cream.
To see the Cooking Coach Videos, just go to the Making Life Better YouTube channel at: http://www.youtube.com/makinglifebetter2009.
*This post is brought to you by Mom Central