Looking for something fun, free and offers hands-on activities to do with your family? Here’s one event worth checking out if you will be in or near Silver Spring, Maryland the second weekend of September!
KID Museum, a new children’s museum serving the Washington, D.C. area, will host the Silver Spring Maker Faire, a free family festival celebrating innovation and creativity, on Sunday, September 14th at the Silver Spring Civic Building from 12 noon – 5 p.m.
· Robots of all shapes and sizes
· Felt-making, fabric arts projects, and other hands-on art
· Bi-copters, rockets, remote-controlled blimps, and other flying machines
· 3D printed jewelry and innovations to support scientific research
· Stations to make your own video game
· Lego car building and racing
· Automated chess boards
· NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope astronaut tools and gloves and more!
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents 2011 Best All-Around Mom Blog and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.