Do you love shopping at Kohl’s? I do. Not only does Kohl’s offers great prices on most items, it’s also very inspiring to know that they are an active participant on community programs to help kids stay healthy.
If you’ve recently been to a Kohl’s store, you’ll notice these cute and huggable animal plush toys with coordinating hard-bound books. I found out that they are being sold as part of the Kohl’s Cares for Kids program.
What is Kohl’s Cares for Kids program?
From injury prevention and immunization programs through their hospital partnerships, Kohl’s directs time, effort and funding toward keeping kids healthy. Since the Kohl’s Cares for Kids program’s inception in 2000, Kohl’s has turned $5 merchandise into more than $126 million that has made a positive impact on the lives of children across the country.
Throughout the year, Kohl’s features unique merchandise for the Kohl’s Cares for Kids program where 100 percent of the net profit from sales of such merchandise benefits children’s health and education initiatives nationwide.
This season, Kohl’s is offering three books by award-winning children’s author Steve Jenkins. Available now through September 26 in Kohl’s stores and at Kohls.com as part of theKohl’s Cares for Kids program, “Actual Size,” “Biggest, Strongest, Fastest” and Caldecott-award-winning “What Do You Do With a Tail Like This?” each come with coordinating plush toys for only $5 each.
Not only you are supporting a great cause for kids in your community, these Kohl’s Cares for Kids merchandise are also:
· Great Gifts for Teachers – Instead of the typical “apple for the teacher,” why not give a gift they can share with their students again and again? Steve Jenkins books make great classroom gifts for teachers. Parents can feel good about giving these books because 100 percent of the net profits go to children’s health and education initiatives nationwide.
· Read it! See it! Learn it! – Get your budding scientists ready for a day of learning! Start the day by reading one of the Steve Jenkins books currently featured in the Kohl’s Cares for Kids® program. Then make the lessons come alive with a trip to you local zoo or aquarium. Learning together is a great way to beat the dog days of summer and get ready for school.
· Affordable Gifts that Give Back – Kohl’s Cares for Kids® books and plush offer an incredible value to families looking to stretch their budgets. At just $5 each, the books “Actual Size,” “Biggest, Strongest, Fastest” and “What Do You Do With a Tail Like This?” by award-winning author Steven Jenkins and their coordinating plush toys are affordable and educational toys you can feel good about buying, since 100 percent of the net profits go to children’s health and education initiatives.
· Teachable Moments at Home – Parents who home school their kids can use Steve Jenkins books, now featured in the Kohl’s Cares for Kids® program, to help spark an interest in science. After reading these books, parents can engage their children in activities such as going to the zoo or aquarium or even going on a bug hunt in the backyard to reinforce the fun facts they just read.
· Babysitters Club/Adventures in Babysitting – Baby sitters can build a “babysitter’s survival kit” with Steve Jenkins books and plush toys and buy themselves hours of quality entertainment for as little as $5! Plus they’ll feel good knowing that they don’t need spend a fortune to keep kids entertained.
For more information on Kohl’s Cares for Kids program, visit Kohl’s in-store or at Kohls.com
*Win a set of the following Kohls Cares for Kids program merchandise for your little one!
– Kohl’s Cares For Kids® “What Do You Do With a Tail Like This?” Book
– Kohl’s Cares For Kids® “Biggest, Strongest, Fastest” Book
– Kohl’s Cares For Kids® Lizard Plush Toy
I have 5 sets of these merchandise to be given away to 5 lucky Hip Mama’s Place readers!
*HOW TO WIN: As always, please follow the ONE (1) COMMENT ONLY PER ENTRANT RULE. Please read on for more details…
*CONTEST RULES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.
ONLY ONE (1) COMMENT PER ENTRANT, PER CONTEST IS ALLOWED. IN YOUR COMMENT, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND ANY EXTRA ENTRY CREDITS YOU’VE DONE. If for some reason you left out a detail or details on your first comment, you can delete it by using the “trash can” icon beside your comment, then re-enter your new comment with the details you want included. This way, I am able to track the real number of entrants for each contest. I regret to inform you that if you enter multiple comments, those comments will be deleted and you will automatically be disqualified from the contest.
*To enter this contest, leave a comment on this post telling us why you like shopping at Kohl’s stores or at Kohls.com by Monday, August 3rd, 2009 at 12MN, EST. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR COMMENT TO CONTACT YOU IN CASE YOU WIN. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO U.S. and CANADA RESIDENTS ONLY. ONLY ONE (1) COMMENT PER ENTRANT IS PERMITTED. Non-bloggers are always welcome to enter. I will pick FIVE (5) WINNERS using Random.org. The winnerS will be notified via email and announced as a comment on this post.
Want to earn EXTRA CREDITS? Contest entrants will each win one(1) extra credit by doing the following:
1. Mention this contest in a post on your blog with a direct link to www.hipmamasplace.com
2. Add the Hip Mama’s Place badge on your blog sidebar. You can find the badge code on the top right hand of our main page and paste it on an HTML page on your sidebar.
4. Favorite Hip Mama’s Place on Technorati.
5. Follow Hip Mama’s Place on Twitter
7. Become a Hip Mama’s Place Fan on Facebook
8. Post this giveaway on Facebook
Your comment is your one entry. If you do all eight (8) extra entry credits above, you will have nine(9) total entries. Remember- the more entries you have, the more chances of winning! PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO INCLUDE THE EXTRA CREDIT/S YOU’VE DONE IN YOUR ONE COMMENT. Goodluck!