This post is sponsored by Planet Fitness. All opinions are my own.
It may sound silly for some, but “gym intimidation” is a real problem other people face that prevents them from exercising. They dread going to the gym (even when they really want to) for fear of being judged by the way they look or their current physical shape, or not knowing how to use the various gym equipment. If you’re one of those people and whatever it is that’s preventing you from working out at the gym, I’m here to tell you that it shouldn’t be this way.
Below are some of my own tips to avoid feeling intimidated at the gym:
*Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Remind yourself that no one is perfect and that everyone goes to the gym for the same reason: to improve. Work with a personal trainer to help you reach your goals, even if it’s only for a few sessions. You’ll find yourself feeling more confident when you know you are keeping up with your goals every time you are working out at the gym.
*Familiarize yourself with the gym. Take a tour before you sign up for a membership and know what services your gym offers.
*Find a workout buddy or start with a class. Working out with a friend, preferably one who is in a similar fitness level to yourself if possible, is always easier. Most of the time, exercising alone can add to the intimidation factor, so working out with a friend will make you feel more at ease. If you don’t have a workout buddy, start with a group class. In most group fitness classes, you’ll find that everyone is in a different level (age, body size, fitness level) and there is always someone who is behind you, so that can be encouraging. I know this from experience.
I’m sure there are other helpful tips that can help you avoid feeling intimidated when working out at the gym. One gym I know that fosters a Judgement Free Zone® is Planet Fitness. How would you like a non-intimidating, hassle-free, welcoming environment that makes everyone feel comfortable?
Whether you’re a first timer or occasional gym user, Planet Fitness is one health club that caters to “everyday people” versus fitness fanatics or body builders. You’ll find that when you visit Planet Fitness for the first time, there won’t be any high pressure sales people asking you to buy expensive gym membership packages.
So here’s fantastic news I have got to share!
On April 4th, you can join Planet Fitness for just a dollar! Yes! For ONE DAY ONLY, join Planet Fitness for just $1 down and then $10 a month and no commitment. They’ve created a unique link just for my followers to enter your email for a reminder! Click here for it!
Why you should consider Planet Fitness if you’re looking to sign up for a gym membership:
- Many clubs are open and staffed 24/7.
- All clubs have spacious locker rooms and friendly staff.
- Unlimited fitness training is included in all memberships.
- There are more than 1,000 locations – to find a club near you, visit: pla.fit/hmp.
- The PF Black Card® membership, at $19.99 a month, includes additional amenities such as the ability to bring a guest every day at no additional charge, access to all 1,000+ Planet Fitness locations, use of massage chairs and beds, and more.
- Planet Fitness has two circuits which help members get a full workout in 12 or 30 minutes. The circuits combine strength and cardio, and operate on a red light / green light system
- Planet Fitness provides members with an opportunity to connect and support each other with “Planet Fitness also provides members with an opportunity to connect and support each other with “Planet of Triumphs,” an online community that celebrates all accomplishments and inspirational stories of Planet Fitness members. Planet of Triumphs provides an online platform for members to recognize their triumphs (big or small), share their stories and encourage others, reinforcing the Company’s belief that ‘everyone belongs’.
To learn more about Planet Fitness and about their membership benefits and perks, visit them through their website at: PlanetFitness.com. You can also follow them through their social media pages below!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/planetfitness
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/planetfitness
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/planetfitness/