This post is sponsored by American Heritage Chocolate. As always, all views and opinions are all my own.
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend! The last few days had been super busy for me personally but I’m so glad to be back! 🙂
And even better, I’m hosting a fabulous new chocolate book and product giveaway for one of my top favorite chocolate brands, AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate!
If you’ve been visiting the blog, you probably read my recent travels to experience chocolate history in Washington DC and Colonial Williamsburg. So I’m so honored and thrilled to introduce you all to this new book from American Heritage Chocolate: GREAT MOMENTS IN CHOCOLATE HISTORY: With 20 Classic Recipes from Around the World by Howard-Yana Shapiro.
Let me tell you about this two in-one history book and cookbook: it’s 208 pages full of chocolate fun facts, gorgeous photos and reveals the untold story of the world’s favorite indulgence.
Did you know?
… that M&Ms were invented for WWII soldiers as the chocolate that wouldn’t melt in their hands?
… or that Marie Antoinette and Louis XIV had their own personal chocolate makers?
… and that Thomas Jefferson predicted that chocolate would outstrip coffee as the most popular drink in America?
You’ll find all these fascinating facts about our country’s history (and more!) in this wonderful book. Featuring delicious chocolate recipes made with AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate, this entertaining romp through chocolate history is the perfect gift for chocolate lovers everywhere!
About Great Moments In Chocolate History
It should come as no surprise that the Latin word for chocolate translates to “food of the gods.” Beloved by everyone for thousands of years, from the ancient Aztec to Marie Antoinette to George Washington, chocolate has engendered a worldwide passion that has endured across the centuries.
This journey through the rich history of this delectable food will take you along on the first ascent of Mount Everest to the battlefields of World War II—even to the witch trials of the Spanish Inquisition. Discover and explore the events, people, and technology that transformed the bitter cocao bean into decadent drinks and candies, and revel in eureka moments that resulted in such classics as M&M’S® and milk chocolate. Next, try your hand at 20 classic chocolate recipes from around the world, including an authentic historic chocolate recipe made with American Heritage® Chocolate, from Mars Chocolate North America. History has never been so appetizing!
About AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate
- American Heritage Chocolate is an authentic historic line of products—developed from chocolate recipes from the 1750’s—that celebrates chocolate’s important role in the lives of Americans during the 18th century and is reminiscent of what Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and Ben Franklin would have enjoyed, combining all natural ingredients and exotic spices.
- American Heritage Chocolate can be used in recipes replacing semi-sweet chocolate at a one-to-one ratio.
- American Heritage Chocolate is made with all-natural ingredients and no preservatives.
- American Heritage Chocolate is an artisanal dark chocolate containing 63% cacao.
- Mildly spicy, and slightly sweet, American Heritage Chocolate is flavored with a blend of spices and ingredients available during colonial times, including cinnamon, nutmeg, chili pepper, orange, anise and vanilla.
- American Heritage Chocolate is Kosher-certified, made without dairy, wheat, peanuts, or tree nuts, and is made in a facility that does not contain peanuts and tree nuts.
For more information about American Heritage Chocolate, go to their website at: AmericanHeritageChocolate.com
You can also find them on these social media pages: