Did you all watch the Golden Globe Awards 2014 last Sunday night? If you did, you couldn’t have missed Sofia Vergara’s fabulous look on the red carpet! The “Modern Family” actress was hands-down one of the night’s best overall looks, including Best Dressed.
Sofia rocked a voluminous black dress by Zac Posen and a serious statement necklace from Lorraine Schwartz. COVERGIRL was her makeup of choice and here, she dishes on her makeup for the big award show night and shares the COVERGIRL products used to help create her glamorous red-carpet look.
“For this year’s Golden Globes, I really wanted to do something different. I wear makeup every day – I wouldn’t think about leaving the house without it! – but of course it’s such a big night, and everyone is taking pictures, so I have to look good! With my dress so elegant and my necklace so bold (and heavy!), I wanted to keep my hair and makeup simple and classic.”
1. To start off with a good base that would last all night, I started with COVERGIRL truBLEND Foundation in M6 which is super lightweight and blendable.
2. On top, a light dusting of powder to set the look and a bit of rosy color for the apples of my cheeks with Clean Glow Blush in Roses.
3. My dress and jewels were the center of attention, so I had to balance my hair and makeup. For me, a really glamorous evening look starts with the eyes. I love the drama of a cat eye – tonight I went with brown liner as opposed to black with Bombshell Liner in Chocolate Kiss to create the look.
4. I then used Bombshell Shine Shadow in Gold Goddess to give my eyes a little sparkle.
5. As always, I LOVE big lashes so I used Bombshell Volume Mascara on my top and bottom lashes to add volume and intensity. (aka #bombshelling)
6. For me, lipstick is a must – I feel naked without it. I wish I could just wear a nude shade, but it’s not me – I need color. I went with a bold red with LipPerfection Lip Color in Flame.
7. Oh I also always keep a gloss in my purse for touch-ups!
Want more beauty tips and looks like this from COVERGIRL? You can follow them on these pages:
o Tumblr: www.covergirl.tumblr.com
Photos courtesy of Getty Images
Don’t miss out on the latest fab deals, cool freebies, high value coupons, fun giveaways, sweepstakes and more! Subscribe to the Hip Mama’s Place email newsletter, Hip Mama’s Place feed reader, or simply “Like” Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook and/or follow Hip Mama’s Place on Twitter!
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents 2011 Best All-Around Mom Blog and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.