I believe in the power of kindness. That’s why I’m so excited to share this “kindness-inspired”, family-friendly event, Operation Kind Kids, taking place on Saturday, May 31st at the National Children’s Museum!
This fun event for kids is a partnership of KIND (makers of delicious and healthy snacks) and Sprout (the first 24-hour preschool network) as part of their Kindness Counts initiative to inspire kindness through everyday thoughtful acts. Operation Kind Kids events are happening across the country, including the Washington D.C. area where preschoolers and caregivers are invited to attend and discover new ways to incorporate kindness into their daily routines.
Beginning May 16, families can also visit OperationKindKids.com for activities designed to encourage kindness at home and in the community
* Get creative: Kids will have the chance to express what kindness means to them and share their vision as part of a collage wall.
* A kind act a day: Attendees will take home a calendar to track daily kind acts
* Pay it forward: Nothing brightens someone’s day quite like a flower, which is why kids will be invited to pick a flower and share it with someone in their life.
* Strike a pose: The whole family will have the chance to capture their experience in front of a fun photo backdrop
* Snack better: KIND Healthy Grains bars will be on hand for parents and their little ones to enjoy
Admittance will be free with the cost of museum admission $10/adults & children)
WHERE: National Children’s Museum
151 Saint George Blvd., National Harbor, MD 20745
To find out more about this event and activities you can do at home with your kids to encourage kindness, visit OperationKindKids.com. You can also find out if there’s an Operation Kind Kids event happening in your city.
Don’t miss out on the latest fab deals, cool freebies, fun giveaways, delicious recipes, DIY inspirations and more! Subscribe to the Hip Mama’s Place email newsletter, Hip Mama’s Place feed reader, or simply “Like” Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook and/or follow Hip Mama’s Place on Twitter!
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents 2011 Best All-Around Mom Blog and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.