The MOVE IT MOVEMENT TOUR, Cartoon Network’s summer campaign targeting youth 6-14, is coming to Six Flags America in Upper Marlboro, Maryland on Saturday, June 14th from 12 noon to 6pm.
This event is in partnership with the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition and in support of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative, and sponsored locally by Comcast Xfinity. The tour will feature multiple activity and learning stations, incorporating core partner organizations as Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA), NBA/WNBA FIT & NBA Hoop Troop, NFL PLAY 60 and The PGA of America. Families planning to visit and participate in the MOVE IT MOVEMENT TOUR can enjoy a host of activities including:
· Cartoon Network Obstacle Course — a brand new zone for kids to test their speed, agility and dexterity against the clock as they race through a variety of Cartoon Network show-themed challenges;
· NBA/WNBA FIT & NBA Hoop Troop — kids can demonstrate their fitness level by testing their basketball skills and shoot against the clock for prizes;
· The PGA of America Driving Range — updated to reflect the new PGA Sports Academy and its goal of developing young social and competitive golfers, kids are invited to drive the ball for accuracy and distance with The PGA driving range. Top scores are posted on the PGA Sports Academy leaderboard;
· NFL PLAY 60 — kids can practice a variety of football-themed activities, including running patterns and passing skills;
· Soccer Shootout Challenge — At the challenge, kids can show off their footwork and take aim at a number of custom soccer goals;
· Let’s Move!/PALA+ booth — a station set aside specifically for registration materials, nutrition tips and further information promoting participation with Let’s Move! and the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award.
· Cartoon Network Chill Zone, a themed area to refuel (water) and recharge while sampling some of the best new programming, online activities and premium items from Cartoon Network. The Chill Zone also offers a green screen photo activity where kids can be captured “within” the worlds of their favorite cartoons, such as Adventure Time, Regular Show, Teen Titans GO!, The Amazing World of Gumball, Ben 10 Omniverse, Uncle Grandpa, Steven Universe and Clarence
The MOVE IT MOVEMENT TOUR is part of Cartoon Network’s long-established, award-winning pro-social efforts to provide support and encouragement in the ongoing battle against childhood obesity through such varied activities as daily recess, health & wellness education and active after-school involvement. You can purchase your tickets here.
Don’t miss out on the latest fab deals, cool freebies, fun giveaways, delicious recipes, DIY inspirations and more! Subscribe to the Hip Mama’s Place email newsletter, Hip Mama’s Place feed reader, or simply “Like” Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook and/or follow Hip Mama’s Place on Twitter!
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents 2011 Best All-Around Mom Blog and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.