Here’s the perfect, refreshing summer fruit salad recipe! The lime juice-honey dressing just gives it the right amount of sweetness!
Summer is definitely here! The hot days have got me thinking about my favorite things about summer. I love all the fresh summer vegetables and fruits, hanging out with my family by the pool, grilling almost every night and fresh, summery salads. What are your favorite parts of summer?
Fresh and Easy Summer Fruit Salad
If you are like me and adore the fresh fruits of summer, then I know you will love this summer fruit salad recipe. This recipe is a summertime favorite in my family. In fact, my husband and kids request it all the time. I am happy to make it because I love it too!
Not only is this delicious summer fruit salad great for serving alongside hot, grilled food, but it also makes a great dessert. Those sweet fruits are a perfect way to end the long summer days. If you are lucky enough to have fruit salad leftovers, you can even enjoy it for breakfast! This is a multipurpose recipe at it’s finest.
The Best Fruits for Making Summer Fruit Salad
So what goes into my summer fruit salad? Let me tell you all about the ingredients I use.
- Watermelon – Watermelon is an iconic summer fruit. It is juicy but also adds a nice crunch to the salad.
- Cantaloupe – Cantaloupe is sweet and juicy. The orange color also looks great in the summer fruit salad.
- Pineapple – Pineapple adds a tropical flair to the salad, perfect for those hot summer days.
- Mango – Mango is another tropical ingredient that I love to add. It is also very tender when ripe.
- Green and Red Grapes – Crisp grapes give the salad a refreshing texture.
- Strawberries, Blackberries, and Blueberries – Berries are a summer hallmark. Nothing is quite as pretty or flavorful as a bowl full of fresh, ripe berries!
- Kiwi – Kiwi gives the fruit salad a lovely pop of green.
- Lime Juice and Honey – Lime juice and honey dressing make the salad into a real salad rather than a bowl of fruit. Lime juice is bright and refreshing and the honey adds just the right amount of sweetness.
The fruit that is ripe and ready at the beginning of summer may change by the end of the season. While strawberries are abundant in early summer, they start to dwindle by August. You may want to consider using other summer fruits.
See what is in stock in your grocery store. Pick fruits that look ripe and fresh. Here are a few other fruits that I have added to my summer fruit salad or swapped when needed:
- Honeydew melon
- Fresh coconut (not technically a fruit but delicious in fruit salad!)
Delicious Summer Fruit Salad
I really think that a fresh fruit salad makes a summer dinner table complete. The sweet, refreshing fruit is the perfect complement to hot, grilled foods. It is also so simple to make and you can really utilize the best fruits of the season.
Try this simple recipe soon. Make it as big or small as you’d like. The flexibility of the recipe is part of the appeal!
Let me know when this summer fruit salad makes an appearance on your table. Please send me a picture too! I love to see my tasty recipes in your home. Enjoy! 🙂
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS TO TRY!
I hope you like this summer fruit salad recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!
This post may contain affiliate links. Hip Mama’s Place is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and other retailers- at zero cost to you. You can learn more about our Privacy and Disclosure Policies HERE.Print
Here’s the perfect and refreshing summer fruit salad recipe! The lime juice-honey dressing just gives it the right amount of sweetness!
Amounts will vary depending on how many you are serving
- Green grapes
- Red grapes
- Red raspberries
- Kiwi, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup lime juice or frozen concentrate limeade, thawed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Clean and cut all fruit and add to a large bowl
- Stir gently to combine
- In a small bowl, whisk together juice and honey for dressing until well combined
- Drizzle over fruit and toss gently
- Store in refrigerator until chilled
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
Keywords: summer fruit salad, fruit salad, fruit salad recipe, best summer fruit salad