Summer fun! Have you planned a trip to the beach for the summer? From here in Northern Virginia we have so many ocean beach options that make for a great weekend get away.
I love making vacation plans! I definitely do not want to take away from a weekend get away but I know I look forward to nothing to do for a week. But of course, even a day at a local inland lake can be so much fun!
But before you head out for your beach vacation (or staycation!), be sure to grab these beach essentials!
12 Must Have Beach Essentials
1. First and foremost consider your skin. With a broad spectrum, barrier sunblock, you can be ready to go out immediately. No waiting for the chemical to activate.
2. Sunglasses are a must. While you likely have your favorites, I recommend a pair that you can afford to lose in the sand, but still look great.
3. As for the kids or anyone else spending a lot of time in the water, consider a rash guard
that also includes UPF since sunblock does wash away, no matter the brand.
4. Hatscan be fun and functional, so give a wide-brimmed one a try. If you want one that won’t blow away, then choose one with elastic or other tie on option.
5. Don’t forget a good pair of beach flip-flops— or if you’d rather not, there are leather lace-ups or slides and jelly sandals that do the same job— but with flair!
6. Tunes! You have your phone and music on it, but do you have a nice bluetooth speaker?
7. Up next you need to have good beach towels that create a barrier to the sand and are absorbent. Get two per member of the family if you can swing it. It gives time for the towels to dry and for washing if they are too sandy!
8. Don’t forget beach toys! Sand castles are perfect for anyone age 1-100! Also, in the same line, don’t pass up a frisbee and a beach ball!
9. Water is essential! Rather than buying packaged water again and again choose a water bottle that keeps water cold, even when it is hot out. Of course a cooler helps make your beach trip fun as well. If you can pack snacks or even a picnic, it means more time at the beach, and less time arguing over where to go for dinner. Score!
Finally you need the all around essentials:
- Prepackaged first aid kit
- Aloe Vera gel in case you do burn
- A tote bag that carries it all (and lets the sand fall through as well).
What are your summer beach plans?
Lucky you, one Hip Mama’s Place reader! One of you will win a $50 Amazon gift card with a surprise beach bag that contains some of the beach essentials mentioned above. Approximate total value of the prize will be no less than $100! Go enter and good luck!
To enter this giveaway contest, just follow the Rafflecopter entry link below. This giveaway contest is open to U.S. 18+ only. One entry per household, per IP address. Void where prohibited. I will pick and notify the winner by email after 06/07/16 at 11:59 PM, EST.
For added fun, I’m entering this giveaway at the Life’s a Beach Giveaway Hop, hosted by The Kids Did It and The Mommy Island. Below this post, check out the linky list of giveaways from all the participating bloggers and go enter each of their giveaways as well. Good luck and have fun at the beach this summer!
Disclosure: Hip Mama’s Place and the Life’s A Beach Giveaway Hop participating bloggers are not responsible for sponsors who do not fulfill their prize obligations. Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and any other social media networks are not affiliated with this giveaway. This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Hip Mama’s Place!