We are still in the middle of winter and thank goodness this year has been very mild compared to the last few years when we had plenty of heavy snow. It almost feels like Fall sometimes and I hope it stays this way. I can’t wait for Spring!
But now that we’re talking about the weather and the changing seasons, I’m also excited to be partnering with Wonderful Halos once again! They’re the same company that introduced us to POM Wonderful and Wonderful Scarletts!
Wonderful Halos mandarins are in season right now through April and they’re just the perfect sweet, seedless, easy-to-peel snack time treat for the whole family! My kids enjoy them and I love the fact that these mandarins are all natural, non-GMO and are grown in California. They’re a healthy snack alternative and they also make a perfect addition to some of our delicious family-friendly recipes! Now to me, that’s a big win, especially when we are trying to stay healthy in the New Year!
And talk about getting healthy, I’m so excited to share with you a new recipe using Wonderful Halos mandarins!
Quinoa is hearty, healthy, and easy to make. Spoon it into a bowl and top it with Wonderful Halos mandarins, grilled chicken, cilantro, black beans, and savory chipotle lime vinaigrette for dinner or a packed lunch. Check out the delicious recipe below for Wonderful Halos Mandarin & Quinoa Chicken Bowls!
Tip: If making ahead for lunch, pack vinaigrette separately so bowl stays fresh
- *Mandarin and Quinoa Chicken Bowls
- 4 Wonderful Halos mandarins, peeled and segmented 1 cup quinoa
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- *Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons adobo sauce, from canned chipotle in adobo 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Mix together the salt, chili powder and cumin and rub on chicken. Grill chicken on both sides until cooked through; set aside to cool, then slice.
- Make chipotle lime vinaigrette: Whisk together the lime juice, garlic, honey, adobo sauce, salt and olive oil. Then discard halved garlic cloves.
- Peel Wonderful Halos mandarins and separate segments.
- Spoon quinoa into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with some spinach, black beans, bell pepper, avocado, Wonderful Halos mandarin segments and sliced chicken. Drizzle each with vinaigrette and sprinkle with scallions to serve.
Wonderful Halos mandarins are available at your favorite grocery stores now through April and they come in a two-count, 3 lb or 5 lb bag. You can also get them in a 5 lb box.
For more about Wonderful Halos mandarins, go follow them on their social media networks on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. You can also sign up for the Wonderful Halos email newsletter to get the latest coupons, promotions and other fun stuff!
Wonderful Halos has offered Hip Mama’s Place readers a fantastic gift pack to welcome one of you to a healthier New Year with Wonderful Halos mandarins!
Your gift pack is valued at $75 and will include:
- Halos ceramic bowl
- Halos Coupons
- Craft kit
- Magnetic calendar
- Fortune teller printable
- Idea cards for crafts and recipes: Halos Snowman, Halos Fortune Teller, Epsom Salt Luminary, Halos Honey Sugar Scrub, Halos Fruit Salad and Halos Smoothie
This contest is open to U.S. addresses only and ends on February 7, 2016 at 11:59PM, EST. The winner will be notified via email. Good luck!