My kids love VeggieTales, so we were happy to receive VeggieTales Princess and the Pop Star: A Story of Trading Places — a brand-new DVD from Big Idea Entertainment, for our review.
Synopsis: VeggieTales Princess and the Pop Star: A Story of Trading Places:
Princess Poppyseed’s life on her family’s farm is far from the glamorous but lonely world of her favorite pop singer Vanna Banana. On a chance meeting at a playground, Vanna and Princess cross paths and realize that they look almost exactly alike—which leads to the crazy secret plan where they decide to switch lives! As each girl realizes that the life they longed for doesn’t fulfill all of their dreams, they learn that the life God gave them is the one for which they were uniquely and lovingly designed.
DVD Bonus Features:
* Audio Commentary
* “Astonishing Wigs” Silly Songs Sing-Along
* “Right Where You Belong” Sing-Along
* Behind the music with Francesca Battistelli and Friends
* Princess Poppyseed’s Points For Being Uniquely You
This family-friendly title teaches an important lesson about being true to one’s self and features tons of high-energy and fun music, silly sing-alongs and bonus features like behind the music interviews with real children whose voices were used in the movie.
My six year old Gabriel is a big music fan and has been singing the fun, upbeat new song from this movie, “You Never Are” written and performed by Francesca Battistelli, since the first time we watched this DVD. He sounds so cute singing this song. His little brother Jaden dances along and even I love it too and find myself singing along! 🙂
For a sneak peak, watch this short video:
VeggieTales Princess and the Pop Star: A Story of Trading Places is now available for SRP $14.93 at all major DVD retail outlets.
One of you, lucky Hip Mama’s Place reader, will win a copy of VeggieTales Princess and the Pop Star: A Story of Trading Places!
To enter the contest, leave a comment on this post by September 9th, 2011 at 12MN, EST. THIS IS YOUR MANDATORY CONTEST ENTRY.
This contest is open to U.S. ADDRESSES ONLY. Please leave your email address (if you don’t have a blog). I will choose ONE (1) WINNER using Random.org and will be announced as a comment on this post. The winner will also be notified by email and/or through a comment on their blog (if available).
*IMPORTANT: PLEASE DO NOT CROSS-PROMOTE ANY OTHER GIVEAWAYS HAPPENING ON ANY OTHER BLOG OR WEBSITE. ANY SPAM COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
*EXTRA ENTRIES for many chances to win! BE SURE TO ENTER A SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH EXTRA ENTRY YOU DO TO BE COUNTED IN!
Your comment is your one required/mandatory entry. To earn extra entries, just do the following:
1. Tweet this giveaway daily on Twitter however you like, but include this URL page and hash tags anywhere in your Twitter update: @HipMamasPlace @VeggieTales http://bit.ly/nvx6qZ #movies #giveaways (1 EXTRA ENTRY FOR EACH TWEET THAT YOU DO DAILY)
EXAMPLE OF A TWEET:
I want to win a VeggieTales Princess and the Popstar DVD @HipMamasPlace @VeggieTales http://bit.ly/nvx6qZ #movies #giveaways!
2. Like or Become a fan of Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook and post a comment on our wall and tell me why you like visiting Hip Mama’s Place or reply to the latest post on our wall (3 EXTRA ENTRIES)
3. Follow Hip Mama’s Place on Twitter (3 EXTRA ENTRIES)
4. Follow me or friend me on Google Friend Connect (link is under “Our Hip Followers” on the left side bar) (5 EXTRA ENTRIES)
5. Join the Hip Mama’s Place Community and EARN 2 EXTRA ENTRIES. You can earn 3 more extra entries by creating a new post or join in on the conversations on the “Forum” section of our mom community. (5 TOTAL EXTRA ENTRIES)
6. Grab one of Hip Mama’s Place’s buttons under the “Grab Our Fabulous Buttons” on the right hand side bar on our main page and paste it on an HTML page on your blog sidebar. (5 EXTRA ENTRIES)
Remember, the more entries you have, the greater chances of winning! Please make sure to leave a separate comment for each thing you do for your extra entries (i.e. your name on HMP Community name, Google Friend Connect, Facebook name, Twitter name and Twitter post links). Good luck!
*Hip Mama’s Place Disclosure: “My reviews and opinions are 100% my own. VeggieTales provided me copies of the DVD mentioned in this post to facilitate my review and giveaway”.
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents’ Picks 2010 Best Parenting Blogs and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter and/or Facebook.