As I’ve mentioned before, we just bought a house two months ago and we’ve just been organizing and cleaning since we moved in. This house sits in over an acre of land with a lot flowering plants, bushes and trees. We’ve hired our previous lawn maintenance company to do most of the mowing, but my husband and I still has to do a lot of the cleaning/trimming bushes, getting rid of old, dead plants and maintaining the yard in general by ourselves.
Speaking of lawn care, Husqvarna has these valuable tips to help you tackle lawn care maintenance … just in time for Spring cleaning season! These are great tips if you mow your own yard! 🙂
- Tune-Up Time. Your equipment needs to be ready when you are, and spring is a perfect time to make sure everything checks out. Visit a qualified servicing dealer to tune-up your mower, trimmer or leaf blower and spot potential problems.
- Get Equipped. It’s important to have the right tools for the task at hand. Husqvarna’s HU800AWD, a new walk-behind mower with unique All-Wheel Drive technology, is engineered for uneven terrain and even the toughest mowing conditions.
- Easy on the Gas. Only buy enough to last 30 days, and keep it in an airtight container. Otherwise, exposure to air – and moisture – can damage or limit the effectiveness of the engine.
- Get Movin! Did you know walking behind your push mower can burn up to 360 calories per hour? Getting out in your yard is one of the easiest ways to feel good and get fit.
* About the Husqvarna HU800AWD
- 3-year warranty
- Side guard and grass comb, to improve edging performance
- Large, dust-blocking bag
- Premium, comfort-grip control bail to reduce operator fatigue
- Variable drive speed
- Water hose connector for easy deck cleaning
The Husqvarna All-Wheel Drive walk mower is available exclusively at Lowe’s and authorized Husqvarna dealers nationwide for USD $499.95. To learn more, join the conversation by “liking” Husqvarna on Facebook (www.facebook.com/HusqvarnaUSA
Husqvarna is also offering one lucky Hip Mama’s Place reader a chance to win one of these 3 piece Husqvarna Garden Kit to help you tackle your gardening with ease! Prize value: $50.
*CONTEST ENTRY RULES:
To enter this contest and be eligible to win, you MUST FOLLOW ALL (4) four simple steps and earn your entry!
1. “Like” Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook
2. Follow Hip Mama’s Place on Twitter
4. Leave a comment on this post telling me what you have done for Spring cleaning in your own household or what you’d like to tackle for Spring cleaning. In your comment, YOU MUST also include your Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest user names to verify your participation and your email address to contact you if you win.
This contest is open to U.S. addresses only and ends on May 22, 2013 at 12MN, EST. One (1) winner will be picked at random using Random.org at the end of the contest. Good luck!
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents 2011 Best All-Around Mom Blog and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn onTwitter, Facebook and Pinterest.