*Thanks to T-Mobile FamilyMode app and device, keeping track of my family’s digital life is now even more convenient and easier! This post is sponsored by T-Mobile.
Technology is in every aspect of our lives today. Did you notice that things are getting even more convenient and easier to achieve because of new technologies?
I am grateful for technology as a tool to make our lives better. But as a parent, it also becomes a concern as far as putting my kids’ online activities and screen time under control. I want to make sure that my kids are safe online, knowing what sites they’re visiting, or that they’re not spending too much time on social media. Yes, in this digital day and age, unfortunately, we parents face issues that simply didn’t exist 50 years ago!
Get this: a recent data shows the average US family has five or more connected devices and kids receive their first cell phone by age 10. Kids also spend an average of 19 hours per week across their connected devices. That’s 1,064 hours per year! But with each new screen comes additional concerns for parents — 68% feel a lack of control over their kids’ online habits and 71% worry about kids’ screen time.
Why I Love T-Mobile FamilyMode
Enter T-Mobile FamilyMode – an app and device combo launched on June 29 by T-Mobile’s “Un-carrier” that helps you manage your family’s digital life across all of your devices. The app gives you control over your kids’ phones wherever they are and T-Mobile FamilyMode Home Base connects to your home’s Wi-Fi, giving you control over your other connected screens.
I find that the T-Mobile FamilyMode app has been a very helpful tool that helps me and my husband set daily screen time limits, filter unwanted apps & content, pause the internet, monitor app & internet usage, track physical locations for every member of our family, and so much more!
While the carriers’ solutions only cover the devices connected to their networks, T–Mobile FamilyMode lets us do all these on our kids’ phones, tablets, gaming consoles, laptops, smart TVs and the other Wi-Fi-connected devices in our home. Now, to me, that’s a huge bonus and I am grateful that it is now being offered only through T-Mobile FamilyMode.
How To Sign Up for T-Mobile FamilyMode + Cost
Beginning June 29, sign up for T-Mobile FamilyMode in T-Mobile retail stores, online or by calling 1-800-T-MOBILE. Then, just download the T-Mobile FamilyMode app from the app store on your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet! The T-Mobile FamilyMode app is just $10/month for all T-Mobile customers on a qualifying T-Mobile ONE or Simple Choice plan, and for business customers with 12 lines or less.
Adding the Home Base device is simple – just pick one up at any T-Mobile store or call 1-800-T-MOBILE (existing customers can dial 611 from their T-Mobile phone). The Home Base is yours currently at a promo rate of just $20 – a savings of $80 off the suggested retail price for a limited time! T-Mobile FamilyMode is available to all T-Mobile postpaid customers on a T-Mobile ONE or Simple Choice consumer plan.
For more details about the T-Mobile FamilyMode, you can go here.
If you’re looking into getting a new mobile service for your family, then get the T-Mobile ONE family accounts (two or more lines) which also include ALL these Un-carrier benefits at no extra cost, like:
- Family Allowances:you can monitor talk and text usage on the lines on your T-Mobile account. For families, this is a great way for parents to manage their kids’ smartphone activity
- Netflix On Us: through an exclusive partnership, get a standard 2-screen subscription at no extra charge
- Simple Global: unlimited text and data roaming and low flat-rate calling in 140+ countries
- Mobile Without Borders: use your device in Mexico and Canada with unlimited talk, text, and data and up to 5GB of 4G LTE
- GogoInflight: get unlimited texting all flight long and 1 free hour of smartphone Wi-Fi on all domestic flights
- DIGITS: use up to five numbers on one device, or use one number on multiple devices
- MobileHotspot: connect all your devices to the internet with included tethering data
- Un-contract: only you have the power to change the price you pay
- Carrier Freedom: we help cover your switching costs
- T-Mobile Tuesdays: get thanked with free stuff every week just for being a customer