With the weather cooling off, and football season in full swing, head on into the kitchen and toss this super easy and delicious Slow Cooker Hearty Steak and Pasta Soup together for tonight!
We are all busy moms. I find that the more kitchen hacks I can find that make my job easier, the better off I am. I love anything that will help simplify or streamline the process. This leads me to items such as my slow cooker. Whoever invented the slow cooker was not only brilliant, but I would like to count that person as one of my dear friends, if I only knew who that was!
The slow cooker has actually been around since 1970 and its name is often considered interchangeable with the ever popular Crock Pot. Whichever you prefer, you really do end up with almost identical results in your prepared dishes, so no worries if you opt to make this dish in a slow cooker or a crock pot.
One of the best parts about using a slow cooker is that you can purchase and use cuts of meat that might ordinarily be a bit tough. However, the moist heat method used when cooking with a slow cooker or Crockpot can greatly tenderize even the most stubborn of stew meats leaving you with a fall-apart when pierced with your fork delicacy.
If saving money is important to you the less expensive cuts of meat that you can utilize becomes vitally important as beef stew meat is often significantly less expensive to purchase, and if you are feeding a crowd, or just some hungry boys like me, more is definitely better!
So, with the weather cooling off, football season in full swing, head on into the kitchen and toss this super easy and delicious recipe together for tonight.
Oh, and did I mention that the addition of a bit of pasta makes it even more filling? Here is what you will need to start, and then the beauty, you can walk away while your appliance does all the work!
- 2lbs Beef stew meat (cut further into ½ - ¼” pieces)
- 1 can Stewed Tomatoes (large), undrained
- 4 C Beef Broth
- 1/3 C Onions, chopped
- 1 – 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 3 pieces Bacon, diced, raw
- 6 oz. Pasta (small)
- 1 tbsp. Montreal Steak Spice
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- Sprinkle the flour over the beef and mix it well to coat evenly.
- Sear the beef over med high heat to brown/caramelize. You may have to do sear the beef in two or more batches. Season with the steak spice
- Add the beef, onions, bacon, and garlic to the slow cooker bowl.
- Add the beef broth.
- Cook on high for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, add the tomatoes and pasta.
- Allow to cook another 30 min to an hour, or until the pasta is soft. (Some slow cookers cook at different temperatures. Mine took 40 minutes to cook the pasta)
- Ladle into bowls and serve with a dollop of sour cream and a of sprinkle steak seasoning.
Did you like this recipe? I hope you did! While you’re here, you might also like these recipes!