This post was sponsored by Hellenbrand. All opinions are my own.
We all have things that keep us from doing what we love. And, recently I was with a bunch of my mom friends and we got to complaining a little bit, but really, we were venting! Really! Venting because we realized we waste a lot of time on small things. It is hard to admit, but we can easily become side-tracked from things we enjoy because our homes just don’t flow right. It is your home, make it yours, streamline it, and realize that you aren’t alone. In speaking with my friends, I realized that others probably want to know ways to keep their homes more efficient, so here I am helping you out with 7 simple hacks for creating a more efficient home.
7 Simple Hacks for Creating a More Efficient Home
Let’s talk about real ways to help improve life. By having a more efficient home, we not only save time, but we can also worry less.
1. Utilize the one in, one out rule. If you buy a new shirt, send one to the donate pile. If this happens for each person in the house, things will not accumulate (admit it, you have a collection of something: Magazines perhaps? Yes, when the new issue arrives in the mail, please recycle the old!) Believe me, you can find things easier with less clutter.
2. Utilize a calendar app for the entire family. By using a family calendar, you can schedule when someone has a meeting that can’t be changed, or when someone has to be at a medical appointment, and there’s no guess work over whether or not someone knows what’s happening. Make it a habit to keep the calendar updated, and always check the calendar the night before, this way you’ll know if you need to be up early and there are no “good morning” surprises that someone has a science report due!
3. Stop the worrying over the basic things like water. The Millennium Reverse Osmosis system helps to take the worry over whether or not the water your family has is safe.
With the various news sources telling us that Flint isn’t alone and it isn’t just lead we have to worry about! Recently I saw that a town in Wisconsin has major issues with radium in their ground water! According to the state of Illinois, RO can remove around 90% of radium, help to make water safe. There are major things to be concerned about and water is one of the most basic necessities. I’ve taken to ensure that I keep my family healthy with clean, fresh water, and have recommended iron removal ala the Promate 6 Storm to a family member who has some really hard water from her well. I am confident that the improved drinking water from Hellenbrand takes away the concerns, and brings me peace of mind.
4. Keep a first aid kit in each bathroom in the home, especially if you have multiple levels. It helps you take care of an injury quicker, AND prevents someone from limping up the stairs to find a BandAid!
5. At the beginning of the school year, buy your kids all the same socks, except for one special pair if they want them. It helps sorting and there’s no leftover socks, at least you won’t know if any are missing. Make the child (if they’re school aged or above) responsible for their special pair. Most socks can be hand washed or soaked and dried in the bathroom without issue, so for one pair, there’s no reason to not give them that responsibility. This hack can definitely can be a time saver for the person folding socks!
6. Meal prep on your slow day. That means cutting veggies in advance and storing them in the refrigerator until you need them. If you don’t like it, then you can pay a few extra dollars per week for pre sliced onions or cubed squash. It is your choice. From your shopping you can make your meal plan and ensure that you have everything, so there’s no last minute “I don’t have everything for dinner, so that means we don’t have anything for dinner” panics! Note: If you can, pack all lunches on Sunday night before the school/work week. There are a few items that won’t “keep” until Friday, but most items will. Also, by packing everyone almost the same lunch, you save time and money.
7. Vinegar and baking soda. Have these two items around all the time. If you run out of your regular cleaning supplies, one of these two will almost always do the trick.
Your Family’s Hacks
What hacks do you have that help keep things moving smoothly at home? What are things that overwhelm you and keep you from being at peace and enjoying your life?
Have you considered a free water analysis to help you have one less worry? After all, this infographic, helps you see where your water comes from, and how it really does touch your life. Hellenbrand will give you answers to your water problems that you can trust. They can help take the guesswork out of your home’s water woes and will take care of them, so you can get back to taking care of your family. Hellenbrand has a group of self-proclaimed water geeks who will tackle the hard stuff so you don’t have to! They have over 200 dealers in 39 states. Find a Hellenbrand water expert near you today!