Happy Tuesday, friends!
I can tell you, this week has just been unusually busy in our household. So I’ve been taking days here and there off of blogging.
But this past weekend, I made our favorite red velvet crinkle cookies, so here I’m back. I guess I can’t help but share these with you all.. these are just perfect for Valentine’s Day! 🙂
I made these cookies last Christmas but this time, I put a little Valentine’s Day touch and used heart-shaped cookie cutters and they turned out super cute! These cookies are a hit all the time, especially the kids. They’re nice and crispy on the outside, but super chewy on the inside!
Thinking of a sweet treat for your Valentine sweetheart? Make a batch of these yummy and easy to make red velvet crinkle cookies! These are great to give away to friends and family this Valentines’ Day too!
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp red food coloring (to your desired red)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat oil, eggs, vanilla and sugar. Add to dry mixture bowl, then add the red fool coloring.
- Mix together with an electric mixer until evenly blended.
- Dust a mixture of flour and powdered sugar onto a clean, dry surface.
- Dust your hands with flour (mixture will be sticky) and grab a large handful of dough/batter. Roll it in your dough/sugar, then press out to make a ½ inch thick sheet.
- Cut out hearts, then transfer to baking sheet. Repeat these steps until sheet is full. Sprinkle each cookie lightly with more powdered sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, checking after ten to make sure they don’t burn.
- They will be ready when they start to crack.
- The cookies will spread in the oven. Let cool on the baking sheet for a couple minutes then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling completely.