So here are what I came up with! These coasters turned out so lovely I couldn’t wait to share these with you all! 🙂
These personalized cork coasters are classy and are perfect to give as hostess, new mom or even new college student gifts!
6 pack of cork coasters
paint (2-3 colors)
foam paint brush
stickers or tape (to make designs)
- Lay the stickers in varying patterns over the top of the coasters. Press down to make sure there are no air bubbles that would cause the paint to leak underneath.
2. Dip your paint brush in the paint and apply a light coat of paint.
3. Keep your brush perpendicular to the coaster and lightly dab over the top. Gradually add more paint until the coaster is covered.
4. Carefully remove the sticker and set aside to dry.
5. Repeat until all coasters are finished.
Notes on supplies, techniques and total cost:
For this project, I used Americana Acrylic Paint in Coral Blush and Sweet Mint, and Folk Art Enamel Gloss Acrylic Paint in Gold. The border and letter stickers from Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby.
Also, if you noticed, I displayed the letter B two different ways. To do these, I simply cut out around the B and peeled the border off, like shown in one of the pictures. Then I was able to use the actual B itself to display the B.
I already had the paints and brushes at home so the total cost for me was $15.00. I spent $1.50 for each page of border stickers and $3.99 for the letter stickers (which were on sale for half off) and $7.99 for the coasters. If you need to buy paint and brushes, it will cost roughly $20.00, which makes each coaster cost only under $3.50. Not too shabby for a set of coasters that look like they were from a designer brand and that you can be proud to give to anyone!