If you’re heading out to the bookstore for new picture books for your little one, make sure to check out this new witty, lovable picture book by Jennifer Fosberry, My Name Is Not Alexander.
We had the pleasure to receive a review copy of this book and my kiddos really love it!
My Name Is Not Alexander follows the story of a young boy on an imaginary trip through history as he pretends to be some of the innovative men who influenced and shaped our world.
About the book:
Just how big can a little kid dream?
Ask Alexander, as he takes a wild ride and discovers the sky’s the limit!
Through Alexander’s imaginative journey, he discovers how great men become heroes:
· The roughest rider can be surprisingly gentle (Theodore Roosevelt)
· A strong leader is also the most peaceful (Chief Joseph)
· Being brave about what makes you different will not only help you break records, but inspire others (Jackie Robinson)
· A curious mind can lead to new discoveries (Thomas Edison)
· Being creative and trying new things can motivate others (Fred Astaire)
· And sometimes our biggest hero is closest to home (Daddy)
Just like the award-winning story book by Jennifer Fosberry, My Name Is Not Isabella, my five year old Gabriel (who’s more into books than my four year old Jaden) also loved reading My Name Is Not Alexander.
This book shares a beautiful message that encourages a child to dream and be more than they can be. Jennifer Fosberry did a wonderful job at writing a charming story for children that’s filled with nurturing lessons. It’s got a lot of humor and the colorful, vivid imagery makes your child want to read more!
I had so much fun reading this book with my boys. The story is easy to read for little ones and it also covers a bit of history about the past great men that influenced our country. I also love the extra feature on the back of the book about “Men Who Changed the World” that features short bios (photos and descriptions) of the famous men Alexander pretends to be. I highly recommend this enjoyable picture book to kids ages 4-8.
My Name Is Not Alexander by Jennifer Fosberry is now available at Amazon and at your leading book retailers.
One of you lucky Hip Mama’s Place reader will win one (1) copy each of the books,
My Name Is Not Alexander and My Name Is Not Isabella by Jennifer Fosberry!
This contest is open to U.S. ADDRESSES ONLY. Please leave your email address (if you don’t have a blog). I will choose one (1) winner using Random.org and will be announced as a comment on this post. The winner will also be notified by email and/or through a comment on their blog (if available).
*IMPORTANT: PLEASE DO NOT CROSS-PROMOTE ANY OTHER GIVEAWAYS HAPPENING ON ANY OTHER BLOG OR WEBSITE. ANY SPAM COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
*EXTRA ENTRIES for many chances to win!
Your comment is your one required/mandatory entry. To earn extra entries, just do the following:
1. Tweet this giveaway on Twitter however you like, but include this URL page and hash tags at the end of your comment: @HipMamasPlace http://bit.ly/fTETUp #books #giveaways (5 EXTRA ENTRIES)
I want to win picture books by Jennifer Fosberry @HipMamasPlace! http://bit.ly/fTETUp #books #giveaways
2. Like or Become a fan of Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook and post a comment on our wall and tell me why you like visiting Hip Mama’s Place or reply to the latest post on our wall (3 EXTRA ENTRIES)
3. Follow Hip Mama’s Place on Twitter (3 EXTRA ENTRIES)
4. Follow me or friend me on Google Friend Connect (link is under “Our Hip Followers” on the left side bar) (3 EXTRA ENTRIES)
5. Join the Hip Mama’s Place Community and EARN 2 EXTRA ENTRIES. You can earn 3 more extra entries by creating a new post or join in on the conversations on the “Forum” section of our mom community. (5 TOTAL EXTRA ENTRIES)
6. Grab one of Hip Mama’s Place’s buttons under the “Grab Our Fabulous Buttons” on the right hand side bar on our main page and paste it on an HTML page on your blog sidebar. (5 EXTRA ENTRIES)
Remember, the more entries you have, the greater chances of winning! Please make sure to leave a separate comment for each thing you do for your extra entries (i.e. your name on HMP Community name, Google Friend Connect, Facebook name, Twitter name and post links, etcetera). Good luck!
*Hip Mama’s Place Disclosure: “My reviews and opinions are 100% my own. Sourcebooks provided me copies of the books mentioned on this post to facilitate this review and giveaway”.
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents’ Picks 2010 Best Parenting Blogs and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter and/or Facebook.Powered by Sidelines