We all want to feel and look our best all year round, but with the weather getting colder and the air feeling a lot dryer, it can be a struggle. Such is Winter! It’s a tough time of year for your skin and hair, your energy level, and of course your overall health.
Check out these 8 Winter Beauty Tips to hopefully help you make it through the next few months and look and feel your best.
If you look good, you feel good!
1. Hydrate. To help keep your skin soft and less dry, drink lots of water throughout the day. Low calorie and low sugar sports and vitamin drinks are also a great choice to stay hydrated. Highly caffeinated drinks can have a small diuretic effect, so try to stick to water.
2. Take the day off. Always take the days’ makeup off before going to bed. It’s important to keep your pores clear to prevent breakouts. Makeup remover towelettes are convenient but you should really use a good facial cleanser every night.
3. Exercise. Again, if you look good, you feel good! Not only will you feel better physically, exercise in any form including cardio and strength training promotes the nourishment of your skin cells by increasing your blood flow.
4. Buy fresh and new products. Always check your makeup, moisturizer, and any beauty products you make use for their expiration dates. Typically, a product’s consistency and odor will change and that is definitely the time to toss it and buy a new one.
5. Nightly routine. As tired as you may be, always moisturize before going to sleep. Just keep your moisturizer bottle right on your night stand for an easy reminder and application.
6. After shower time. Don’t forget your elbows and feet areas especially after showering. This is really the best time to moisturize when your skin is a little damp
7. Get lots of Zzz’s. Getting more sleep in the Winter usually isn’t a problem, so make sure you are getting enough sleep at night. You will not only have increased energy, but your skin will benefit as well. You can reap many rewards with some great rest!
8. Vitamin D time. Get outside and get some sun. Getting as much natural sunlight as possible is important even in the Winter. Besides the fresh air on your face (and yes, use SPF!), any stress you may be feeling may be reduced and therefore your skin will become clearer and healthier.
So, don’t neglect your beauty routine during the dreary days of winter. Spring is right around the corner and by using these tips, you will it through looking and feeling your best.
You might also like: