With all of the technology and gadgets out there, you’d think life would be so much easier. But life just keeps throwing more at us all.
In an attempt to minimize to maximize, I’ve decided to share with you my 8 Home Maintenance Essentials for a Happy 2017.
Streamline your life with these 8 Home Maintenance Essentials!
1. Go through your closet and keep only the clothes that fit, you would wear or must keep for actual sentiment reasons. Even if you wish to fit a cute dress again, will it be in style? These sorts of questions can help you pare down your closet and make finding clothes you like a lot easier!
2. Come up with a mantra, head to the art store and find inspiration. Find a phrase that helps define who you are and what you want to be. Use those words to inspire you and your decision making. Those evening wine and art classes are perfect for creating meaningful art! For example, if you’re working hard to get a promotion you may want to focus on “I am capable, fun and fierce!” If you need the confidence boost after a bad relationship, “I am worthy” may be something that inspires you. Change it up as needed but it can help you stay on track with your goals.
3. Keep a cleaning schedule. Include each room in the house and set out daily, weekly and monthly tasks. This way even if you are busy for a day or weekend, you know what you need to catch up on. Also, don’t be afraid to delegate
4. Keep your drains clear with Liquid-Plumr. With my long hair, a husband that shaves 2-3 times a week, and boys who love their warm baths and showers, it’s no surprise we have clogged drains all the time. We all know that grease, soap scum and hair are the most common causes of drain clogs and we are not short of them! To keep our our household pipes clear, clean and smelling fresh, we trust Liquid-Plumr products. I trust Liquid-Plumr as the brand has been keeping pipes clear and clean for more than 35 years. It is safe for all septic systems and pipes types, including PVC, plastic, copper, and old pipes, making me feel confident. That also helps with those mantras. 🙂
5. Do what you can yourself to save money. Take heed of Benjamin Franklin’s advice: “A penny saved is a penny earned”. Saving the money you already have now is a great way to start toward paying off debt or having a vacation, rather than spending it on things you don’t really need. So when it comes to fixing household clogs, don’t be afraid to do it yourself. With proper maintenance and the right products and tools on hand, you can skip the plumber and keep your drains running smoothly at their maximum capacity.
For maintenance, we use Liquid-Plumr Full Clog Destroyer which works amazing on full clogs and slow flow drains. We have been using this regularly on a monthly basis and it’s super effective in keeping our pipes flowing freely.
7. Keep batteries on hand. From the watch batteries that also work for some toys and even garage door openers to the common AA to size C or D batteries, having a supply will come in handy. It is about convenience.
8. Get rid of the junk drawer and find storage that works. For those batteries, the kid’s art work and more, know what works for you and your space.
9. Keep a vacuum that is rechargeable and gets to the small places. From the kid’s snacks and crumbles in the car to the bigger messes, make clean up easy so that you have less to worry about later.
A happy life shouldn’t be hard. By simplifying and minimizing issues (through prevention) you’ll find your days are less stressful.
What do you do to help make your life easier?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Liquid-Plumr. The opinions and text are all mine.